Mobileread
Scryer's Gulch: Magic in the Wild, Wild West - FREE
#1  MeiLin 07-21-2010, 03:55 AM
image »

FREE at Smashwords in pretty much every format imaginable!

Treasury Agent Annabelle Duniway is on the trail of a brilliant, twisted spellcaster in a 19th century mining town full of demons, ghosts and werecritters.

Someone is poisoning the hermetauxite ore coming from the scruffy mining town of Scryer's Gulch, and Treasury Agent Annabelle Duniway has been sent undercover to find out why. Annabelle is posing as the new schoolteacher; her captive demon Misi is less than thrilled to pose as her pet cat. And Sheriff John Runnels knows something is up the minute they comes to town. Is he the bad guy? Or is it Jed Bonham and the captive demon he's forced to run the local pleasure palace? And what exactly does the poisoned ore do?

This free ebook contains the first ten episodes of this weekly webserial that readers call "a romping good time!"*

DRM-FREE in Kindle/Mobi, Epub, PDF, RTF, LRF, PDB and good old plain text!

*Web Fiction Guide - 4.5 Stars

#2  Gudy 07-22-2010, 04:05 AM
I wholeheartedly recommend reading this if you're in any way inclined towards this kind of genre mashup - it's the wild west and there's magic afoot, though not of the fireball throwing variety, which gives the whole thing a kinda steam-punk feel, oddly enough. And while it's not a comedy per se, there's lots of fun to be had, too. So yes, it is a romping good time.

I for one can't wait for the episodes to start posting again.

#3  BexBits 07-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Just downloaded it -- thanks!

#4  MeiLin 07-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks, Bex, I hope you enjoy it!

#5  Worldwalker 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Because I might possibly catch up on my TBR list in about two years ....

(I hope you don't mind waiting a while for reviews; that list is longer than my resume)

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register