Mobileread
The Siliphore - An Engrossing Fantasy Trilogy
#1  DruSimon 07-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Things to do when you visit the capital city: See the zoo...tour the royal gardens...avoid being killed by an attacking army...become the King...

When a dying ruler places the powerful Collar of the Kings around his throat, Sennic of Aradok embarks on a life-changing journey in which he witnesses the legends and myths of his youth coming to terrifying life before his eyes as he becomes the unwilling center of a struggle to save his world.

In Book One - KINGDOM, Sennic becomes the target of a kingdom-wide manhunt by an ambitious prince who will commit any atrocity to obtain the Collar for himself. As the prince's net closes around Sennic and his companions, the young Collar Bearer must confront an unworldly dagger called The Siliphore and discover the inner strength he will need to save himself, his family and quite possibly, his world.

In Book Two - PRINCES, Sennic must piece together the broken shards of his humanity and courage after he's freed from the horrors inflicted on him by Prince Pash with The Siliphore. Believing the prince has been defeated, Sennic sets out again on a seemingly hopeless quest to find the lost priest, Barak. But Sennic’s trials have only begun. Using the combined power of The Siliphore and the Collar of the Kings, Jave, the demonic ruler of a parallel world means to use Prince Pash to transform Sennic’s rich, green kingdom into his own hellish landscape.

In Book Three - SACRIFICE, Sennic and his companions defy the powerful Council of Agma and ride west in search of the priest Barak. As time grows short, Sennic must learn how to wield the enormous power of the Collar of the Kings.

But the Council of Agma is not taking Sennic’s disobedience lying down. Their response is felt throughout the capital and surrounding cities, setting off a chain of events that bring the Kingdom to the terrifying brink of war.

Unaware of the dangerous situation in Agasee but too aware of his own mortality, Sennic prepares for his inevitable encounter with the genocidal demon Jave, the result of which will decide the fate of the world.

Part adventure, part romance, The Siliphore is set in an intricately detailed world, and populated by a multi-faceted cast of characters who take Sennic though the dangers, adventures and horrors he must face on his journey from being a victim of circumstance to becoming the monarch the world needs him to be.

Note: Violence and sexual content

The entire trilogy is available for KINDLE via Amazon.com. Hard copy of Book One - KINGDOM is also available via the following URL: https://www.createspace.com/3447218
Hard copy of Book One will shortly be available through Amazon.com.

#2  Worldwalker 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM
DRM-locked?

*sigh* Of all the things that could have been my 1,000th post here, it's a question about DRM.

#3  neilmarr 07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
DRM ain't the way to attract readers here, Dru. But good luck and very best wishes. Neil

#4  Worldwalker 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Looks like it might be a fun read, too.

I wonder how the paper book industry would have taken off if people who wanted to buy books were repeatedly told "no, we only advertise it in your country; we don't actually sell it there" or "that book isn't allowed on your brand of bookshelf". Somehow, I don't think it would have done too well.

#5  Dr. Drib 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
The ebooks will have tough competition in the marketplace:

They are priced at $14.95, $14.95, and $34.95 for volumes 1,2, and 3.

Don

#6  Worldwalker 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote Dr. Drib

. . .

I didn't even look at the prices because of the format/DRM issue.

That is so far over my "impulse buy" and "let's check out this new author" thresholds that my mind is spinning like a top. (okay, maybe that's the caffeine)

I can think of one time when I've paid anything like that for any book by an unknown author. He was signing his books at the local Borders and he was a really nice guy who was starting to look kind of dispirited, so I bought one of his books. Bad mistake. It stank on ice. It would stink in Antarctica. It would stink in the Kuiper Belt. If I hadn't learned my lesson before that, I certainly did then. Now I have an autographed reminder in case I forget, which I keep as kind of a cenotaph for my lost fifteen bucks.

I guess it's just another indie who isn't getting the same thing the NYC publishers aren't getting: Price your books as luxury items and most people will find cheaper entertainment. Price your books as impulse buys and a whole lot of people will impulsively buy them. (the proof is left as an exercise for the student's TBR list)

#7  MmavisO 07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
And to top it all off, it's Kindle only. Nothing to see here, move along.

#8  Critteranne 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote Dr. Drib

Don
Yikes! What is this, a new trend in indie author prices? I hope not. For that price, I could buy the e-book of the third Stieg Larsson book and have enough money for a large frozen coffee drink full of fat and sugar and little pieces of candy.

When e-books were really really new, there was a place called Fatbrain where indie authors could self-publish e-book editions of their novels, nonfiction, short stories, etc. Most priced them very affordably, seeing it as a way to get readers. But once in a while, an unknown author would price their e-books at around ten dollars or more. I'll bet they wondered why they got so few sales. Luckily, most indie authors have learned better since then, but I guess there are a few outliers...

#9  Marcy 07-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote Dr. Drib

Don

$34.95?? I hope that's a mistake of some sort. The only books I have ever paid that much or more for are scientific reference texts or coin reference texts with many plates of pictures. But for fiction??

-Marcy

#10  banjobama 07-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote Critteranne
Yikes! What is this, a new trend in indie author prices? I hope not. For that price, I could buy the e-book of the third Stieg Larsson book and have enough money for a large frozen coffee drink full of fat and sugar and little pieces of candy.
YES! Me too.

$15 for all three of the books sounds a little more reasonable.

Advice: Make the first one $1.99, the second one $2.99, the third one $3.99, and make them available at Smashwords.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register