Mobileread
New Paperwhite 11
#1  jospalau 11-26-2022, 05:00 AM
Hi,

I got a Paperwhite11 and I am struggling without KOReader o Moon+ Reader. Even so, I decided to use the stock reader mainly because I can't and I don't want to either to jb it.

Main problem has been justification been greyed out for the books. I decided to sync the books with Calibre in format azw3 and that solves it but then the problem is there is no hyphenation at all. After installing the Kfx Output plugin I converted the books to Kfx format and hyphenation is there.

Is this the way with Kindles or is it something am I missing?

Thanks

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

#2  JSWolf 11-26-2022, 06:27 AM
Quote jospalau
Hi,

I got a Paperwhite11 and I am struggling without KOReader o Moon+ Reader. Even so, I decided to use the stock reader mainly because I can't and I don't want to either to jb it.

Main problem has been justification been greyed out for the books. I decided to sync the books with Calibre in format azw3 and that solves it but then the problem is there is no hyphenation at all. After installing the Kfx Output plugin I converted the books to Kfx format and hyphenation is there.

Is this the way with Kindles or is it something am I missing?

Thanks

To get hyphenation with KF8, you can use Calibre's polish to add soft-hyphens or use the Hyphenate This! plugin.

#3  jospalau 11-26-2022, 07:50 AM
Quote JSWolf
To get hyphenation with KF8, you can use Calibre's polish to add soft-hyphens or use the Hyphenate This! plugin.
I normally polish without that option. Good tip! I converted all the books to kfx but I will give it a go.

For the moment I see it as crisp as my Libra2 but less bright and for me the stock reader is a limitation but I just knew I could not JB, it so it is what it is.

#4  jospalau 11-26-2022, 11:52 AM
It works. The only thing is the alignment option is still greyed out for all the books which are justified and with hyphenation. It cannot be changed like in KOReader but I always can reconvert books individually.

image »

#5  mangkoran 11-29-2022, 01:41 AM
Apologize for asking this, but may I know which storage size and firmware version do you get with your PW5 (2021)? (out of the box, before any update if you do)

#6  jospalau 11-29-2022, 02:24 AM
Quote mangkoran
Apologize for asking this, but may I know which storage size and firmware version do you get with your PW5 (2021)? (out of the box, before any update if you do)
This is the signature edition with 32GB. Not sure which firmware it came with, but since it was updated once I connected to the Internet it may have been the previous version to the last one.

I never had the intention of JB it since I have other Kobo devices in which I installed easily KOReader and Plato.

For the moment I like it but I may pass it to the children if I get the Clara 2E on Christmas. I am very happy with the PW2 I got back 2014 they have been using so far.

#7  JSWolf 11-29-2022, 05:52 AM
Quote mangkoran
Don't buy any Kindle thinking you'll be able to jailbreak it unless you are willing to keep it without jailbreaking.

If you want to install KOReader buy a different brand Reader such as Kobo, Pocketbook, Onyx, etc. where you can install KOreader for sure.

#8  JSWolf 11-29-2022, 05:56 AM
Quote jospalau
It works. The only thing is the alignment option is still greyed out for all the books which are justified and with hyphenation. It cannot be changed like in KOReader but I always can reconvert books individually.
You will need to edit the source eBook be is ePub or KF8 and remove all of the excess text-align: justify; lines in CSS. Just add one in the body CSS style. Then you should be able to override the alignment.

Also, add the following CSS code at the top of the CSS.
[code]html {
margin-right: -45px;
margin-left: -45px;
break-inside: avoid !important;
}[/quote]

This will lessen the excess left/right margins.

#9  John F 11-29-2022, 06:41 AM
Quote JSWolf
Don't buy any Kindle thinking you'll be able to jailbreak it unless you are willing to keep it without jailbreaking.
Or, for something completely different, buy it and if you can't jailbreak it, return it.

#10  JSWolf 11-29-2022, 08:14 AM
Quote John F
Or, for something completely different, buy it and if you can't jailbreak it, return it.
But that's just really a bad idea to buy a Kindle and then return it because the Kindle does what's supposed to.

I don't buy things thinking of returning. I buy thinking of keeping and only if somethings wrong do I return. There's nothing wrong with a Kindle that cannot be jailbroken.

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register