Mobileread
PW5 PW stuck in a bootloop.........
#1  kdusr 11-21-2022, 06:15 AM
Hi
I received PW5 for Christmas last year; it was JBed in April and had performed admirably for the previous eight months. However, PW5 unexpectedly rebooted itself and appeared to be trapped in a boot-loop yesterday.

I have tried everything I saw in the forum:
1 hold power button 40 sceonds
2 connect to PC via usb (I can see the kindle driver but can not access)
3 drain the battery and recharger
but PW5 still keeps boot looping to the "boy and tree" screen.

anyone have idea how to fix it? thanks a lot!!

BTW :searched on google, a lot of PW5 user got the same problem, someone fixed it via drain the battery and re-charger ,I am trying drain the battery second time

#2  studynet 11-23-2022, 09:58 AM
It's happening to many devices!!
This is worrying.
If you had your device linked with amazon and they don't spy like I'm afraid and they didn't detect that your kindle was modified, you can only process warranty.

For the experts that I asked for help recently, I got a refund.
Amazon is not responsible if your Kindle is unlinked.
I think they should investigate what data they collect from users and maybe a class action lawsuit should be filed because they are invading data privacy.
I'm sure it appears in the policies, but I haven't authorized anyone to control my device remotely or see what I read.
In fact, one of the problems that I had was that I had a very private document.
When this problem occurs I hope they format directly or I don't know what they will do with the device...

#3  JSWolf 11-23-2022, 12:54 PM
Quote studynet
It's happening to many devices!!
This is worrying.
If you had your device linked with amazon and they don't spy like I'm afraid and they didn't detect that your kindle was modified, you can only process warranty.

For the experts that I asked for help recently, I got a refund.
Amazon is not responsible if your Kindle is unlinked.
I think they should investigate what data they collect from users and maybe a class action lawsuit should be filed because they are invading data privacy.
I'm sure it appears in the policies, but I haven't authorized anyone to control my device remotely or see what I read.
In fact, one of the problems that I had was that I had a very private document.
When this problem occurs I hope they format directly or I don't know what they will do with the device...
No need for a class action suit. If you don't like what Amazon does with the Kindle, don't buy one. Buy a different Reader from a different company.

#4  studynet 11-24-2022, 05:59 PM
Quote JSWolf
No need for a class action suit. If you don't like what Amazon does with the Kindle, don't buy one. Buy a different Reader from a different company.
The product is good, but the privacy law is the law...
Who are you to tell me what I have to do?
Are you okay with having your device spied on?
I've already looked at the competition and in price-quality I think Kindle continues to win, and I'm afraid that all companies do it.
But surely Amazon spies much more.

#5  audran 11-25-2022, 07:38 AM
Quote studynet
But surely Amazon spies much more.

And somehow you think a few people with hacked units experiencing bootloops is evidence for this, rather than any of the innumerable other, simpler problems that could cause hacked units to bootloop?

Good luck with your class action!

#6  studynet 11-25-2022, 07:58 PM
Quote audran
And somehow you think a few people with hacked units experiencing bootloops is evidence for this, rather than any of the innumerable other, simpler problems that could cause hacked units to bootloop?

Good luck with your class action!
I'm sorry for my English, but I think you are not understanding what I was expressing.
One thing is the bootlop problem, I have seen that this problem is occurring and I understand that although it is original, I am not sure about this.
The question is to what extent is Amazon collecting data from us?

I have had two kindles in this time and the first one I had to change (without jail) battery problems, they sent me one with other problems but the 3 was fine.

The thing is, they always check the hardware remotely.
If they can do this, I'm not surprised that they can see everything you do with your device and if this is the case, it's an invasion of privacy.

#7  audran 11-26-2022, 02:58 AM
Quote studynet
The thing is, they always check the hardware remotely.
If they can do this, I'm not surprised that they can see everything you do with your device and if this is the case, it's an invasion of privacy.
Can does not mean do. Any connected device potentially could be compromised by the creators of its software. This does not mean that they are.

Amazon certainly do monitor some aspects of device usage, as you have noted. And they do of course keep track of purchases in their store. The devices can also for instance sync with Goodreads, which obviously would allow monitoring of what titles you are reading, but this is voluntary.

However, there has never been any indication of Amazon monitoring at all what personal documents users store on their Kindles, the contents of these documents, nor when or whether these documents are read. Please do not react to one user's problem by assuming nefarious intent of the manufacturer.

Now, this thread has gotten way too far . Perhaps we can return to helping with kdusr's bootloop problem.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register