Mobileread
Risen (chiller) available, free shorts
#1  J. Strnad 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I've uploaded Risen, my supernatural thriller, to Smashwords. It's priced at $4.95. Risen was previously published by Pinnacle Books (under the pen name J. Knight) and it has been out of print for six years. I have the rights back, now, so here it is!

Here is the link to Risen, the novel.

I've also uploaded the five Risen short stories that I wrote to promote the novel. They are included in the novel, but they are also available separately for free:

The Risen Short Stories link

Thanks for giving me space to pimp my book!

#2  J. Strnad 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Five stories of unholy resurrection...The Risen Short Stories...are now available for free download on Smashwords.

Link in my sig!

#3  cbell 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Jan. I bought Risen a few minutes ago, so I'll go back to Smashwords and download this book. too.

Should I read Risen or Chillers first?

#4  roger the rabbit 06-26-2010, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the offer, will check it out.

#5  Dr. Drib 06-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Anything with the rising dead will always get my attention.

Don

#6  neilmarr 06-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Just slipped 'Risen' into my Sony (courtesy of Jan -- thanks, pal, here's karma to ya) and really looking forward to the read. At a glance, it's beautifully laid out and well covered. Not got into the words yet ... that's for later. Cheers. Neil

#7  J. Strnad 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM
CBell, I would leap into the novel first. The short stories are all there, at the end, as a kind of dessert, so you don't need to download both.

#8  roger the rabbit 07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Downloaded & read the shorts, on the strength of which went back & bought the book.

#9  J. Strnad 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks, all!

If you buy the Smashwords version of Risen, send me a message with your email address and I'll send you an ePub file with a table of contents that works with ADE and Kobo, maybe elsewhere.

#10  roger the rabbit 07-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Just finished *Risen*, after enjoying the free short stories.

An excellent, interesting and entertaining read, a creepy story reminiscent of Stephen King's early days, solid 4 stars from me.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register