Mobileread
Silicone "case" for Kindle
#21  vagelis 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
My thoughts and review on Amazon:

image »

II was looking forward to using this with my Kindle.
Unfortunately it is one of the many items I bought that were not practical.

One major issue that I have with it, is that the skin covers the silver cursor bar. Even though it kinda shines though it, the visibility of it is quite impaired, making use of the silver cursor next to impossible.

I was thinking of using a xacto knife and cut the cursor window in the skin myself, but users of end products like this shouldn't have to go through this process. I can only imagine this to be more pronounced on the pink and black skins. So I am opting for a refund instead.

The skin is thick and though it adds adequate protection to the Kindle, it adds bulk. Also the texture and gripability (is there such a word?) of the Kindle are not as good with it. It feels kinda slippery; not very encouraging for an item protecting your $400 investment.

Perhaps those issues can be fixed with a v.2 product, but as it stands I cannot recommend it... Sorry Kroo, please fix.

#22  Houdini7 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM
I just received my Black Silicon case, and I love it!

Mine Does Not cover the silver cursor!

There is a metal hinge stand wire on the back that is integrated into the case, but I have no use for it, so I just removed it.

The back of the case has 4 tiny 'feet' to support it on a table (laying flat) and not rock around because of this metal stand.

#23  honeybunny 05-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Quote Kingston
Luckily it came directly from Amazon, so mine go back tomorrow (after I glue 'em back together).

The one-star reviews are going to pile up....behold:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00190QMHU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showView points=1
Do you think they will accept the return after you have, erm, modified the cases?

#24  Houdini7 05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Here's the on I ordered!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019DH1VS

image »

Shown with the wire stand attached:
image »

#25  daffy4u 05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Different company (Vizu), much better design. I like it. Thanks Houdini7.

#26  Ervserver 05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
The pink one we ordered arrived today, sending it back tomorrow, the Mrs doesn't approve how it limits access to a couple of the functions of the Kindle

#27  Kingston 05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Quote honeybunny
Do you think they will accept the return after you have, erm, modified the cases?
Dunno, but me and Elmers Glue-all are having a pow-wow tonight.
Stay tuned.

#28  TallMomof2 05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
The blue Vizu arrived today and it's darn good. If the stand had something to keep it from flipping out it would be even better. I can't angle mine at more than about 110 degrees but it should work fine.

#29  Drevil123 05-20-2008, 08:13 PM
I got mine from Vizu today and it works great! They case definitely added more "jazz" to my Kindle and they really put thought into their design. The Vizu one does not block the scroll bar that everyone is complaining about. I agree that the stand is not perfect but it is good enough, you can play around with it and find the perfect angle to make the Kindle stand. I can chomp on my cereal and read at the same time now Great job Vizu

#30  KindleDC 05-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Will the Kindle still fit in a case (either the standard Amazon case or one of the after-market cases like M-Edge) with the skin on? I'm guessing that it blocks the tab on the Amazon case...
Please specify which brand of skin you tried if you reply. Thanks!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (3/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register