Mobileread
Bug in renaming file in BookBrowser should show full paths mode.
#1  The_book 02-16-2020, 09:14 PM
There is a bug in renaming file in BookBrowser should show full paths mode.
It happens when your select single file and rename it, but your do not change it. Then it will show the short path, not the full path.

#2  Turtle91 02-16-2020, 09:40 PM
I can replicate on Windows 64.

#3  KevinH 02-16-2020, 10:11 PM
Is it just cosmetic. What happens if you hide the BookBrowser and reopen it?

#4  DNSB 02-17-2020, 01:50 PM
Quote KevinH
Is it just cosmetic. What happens if you hide the BookBrowser and reopen it?
I closed and reopened book browser and no path was still shown for that one file. Since the epub was not in Sigil's old layout, I did a restructure to Sigl norm and the path showed up in book browser. I did the cancelled rename and the file path disappeared again. I tried changing the file extension to xhtml and no change. I renamed the file and the path reappeared. For what it's worth, the issue seems to be cosmetic only.

Sigil 1.1.0, Windows 10 x64.

#5  DiapDealer 02-17-2020, 02:17 PM
I ran into this early on when getting ready for the version 1.0.0 release, but I was under the impression it had been fixed. Perhaps I just forgot about it is all.

#6  DNSB 02-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Quote DiapDealer
I ran into this early on when getting ready for the version 1.0.0 release, but I was under the impression it had been fixed. Perhaps I just forgot about it is all.
Regressions'Я'Us.

#7  DiapDealer 02-17-2020, 02:38 PM
No. I'm betting I just forgot to mention it.

Hitting the escape key to cancel will preserve the full-path. It's only when bailing on the rename by clicking somewhere else with the mouse that initially makes the cosmetic-only problem show up.

#8  DiapDealer 02-20-2020, 09:32 AM
I honesty don't see a way around this that doesn't involve some rather drastic measures for such a cosmetic anomaly. We're currently relying on the built-in "edit" feature of QAbstractView (inherited by QTreeView) to do the renaming. Unless I'm missing something obvious, being able to handle the situation where a rename is canceled by clicking the mouse outside of the edit area would involve creating our own custom editor widget either through subclassing or by using a QStyledItemDelegate just to be able to install an event filter that captures the stray rename-"canceling" mouse-click.

My advice? Just train ourselves to hit ESC to cancel a rename instead.

#9  DiapDealer 03-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Just an FYI that I believe this issue will be fixed in the next release.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register