Mobileread
13.2.1 Now available for all Tolinos (except Shine 1)
#1  rcentros 02-14-2020, 04:37 AM
The title pretty much says it all. I haven't tried it yet. Hope this isn't "recalled" like 13.2.0 was.

(Currently not showing up on the English site (mytolino.com) only on the German site, (mytolino.de)).

https://mytolino.de/software-updates/

#2  Wallace Lee 02-14-2020, 04:50 AM
.... It has been recalled on my Vision 4 device....

#3  DNSB 02-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Quote Wallace Lee
When I checked the mytolino.de updates page from the link in rcentros' message, it shows the update as being available for the Vision 4 HD.

The mytolino.com page does not show the update being available for most older devices as yet though it still shows 12.2.0 as the update from 13.2.0 for the Vision.

#4  ottischwenk 02-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Quote DNSB
When I checked the mytolino.de updates page from the link in rcentros' message, it shows the update as being available for the Vision 4 HD.

The mytolino.com page does not show the update being available for most older devices as yet though it still shows 12.2.0 as the update from 13.2.0 for the Vision.
Kobo Devices should get the update to 13.2.1 - original Tolino devices are best with 12.2.0, unless they are used for German Onleihe (online lending)

#5  4691mls 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM
After seeing this thread today, I used the "search for new version" function on my Shine 2 and it updated to 13.2.1

I never liked white text on a dark background when trying to read on my phone. Wonder if I will like it any better on e-ink.

#6  rcentros 02-14-2020, 05:35 PM
Quote Wallace Lee
13.2.0 was reverted back to 12.2.0 on my Vision 4, but last night an upgrade check found 13.2.1 and installed it.

#7  rcentros 02-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Quote DNSB

And it's still that way today. But if you check for updates on the devices they should be good to go. (I'm updating my Shine 2 now.)

#8  rcentros 02-14-2020, 05:40 PM
Quote 4691mls
After seeing this thread today, I used the "search for new version" function on my Shine 2 and it updated to 13.2.1

I never liked white text on a dark background when trying to read on my phone. Wonder if I will like it any better on e-ink.
I tried it. I'm not crazy about it. But it's nice that the option is there.

#9  4691mls 02-14-2020, 05:43 PM
Quote rcentros
I tried it. I'm not crazy about it. But it's nice that the option is there.
Are there any other big changes? I didn't notice any right away.

#10  rcentros 02-14-2020, 06:29 PM
Quote 4691mls
Are there any other big changes? I didn't notice any right away.
No, none that I've seen. Font face seems to change more quickly. The Bright and Fonts Menu have changed a bit (no cancel or accept on the Fonts menu, just "x" out and there are extra choices in the Brightness menu). I can't see any difference in page turning speed (which is better than 13.2.0 which did slow page turning). So, unless you do want inverse screen mode, probably not a lot of reason to change. (Of course I haven't gone through everything yet.)

(Seems like there was "what has changed" page in the update process, but it appeared and disappeared immediately. I'll see if I can find that list.)

EDIT:
Most importantly, from my point of view, you can still borrow Overdrive books directly with the Tolino. Just confirmed that.

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register