Mobileread
Save to Pocketbook vs Pocket
#1  mtreader 02-12-2020, 02:32 PM
If anyone out there has experience saving web articles to their ereader with both Save to Pocketbook and the Pocket app (on Kobo or Android ereaders), I'd love to learn how they compare. I've searched the web and found no such comparison. Thanks!

#2  Lykke 02-14-2020, 07:39 AM
"Send to Pocketbook" is an email service; you send an email to an address you are assigned by Pocketbook, with the attachment you want to deliver to your Pocketbook device. When you next connect to Wi-Fi (if auto-sync is on) the attachment will be downloaded to a folder called "Send to Pocketbook" (or something like that). Nothing more. I've used the Firefox extension "Push to Kindle" in the past; it generates an EPUB file from the web page you request and sends it to an email address you provide. Works well in my experience, and it had no trouble generating well-formatted EPUBs.

That's all there is to the "Send to Pocketbook" service. Don't get me wrong, it works well, but don't expect "Pocket"'s functionalities to be there.

#3  mtreader 02-14-2020, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Lykke. I think that rules out Pocketbook readers for me -- using Pocket with my Kobo is too useful to leave behind.

I'm still considering Android readers that enable Pocket integration because I'd like to have the ability to highlight/export excerpts from articles saved via Pocket. If anyone has tried that, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

#4  anonymust 03-07-2020, 04:18 PM
I wish I knew how to export all my saved reads on Pocket(getpocket,com) and have them placed on my Pocketbook(e-reader)

#5  Barbara1955 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM
I have the Pocketbook app on my cell phone & love it. I would love to learn how to use it on my Kobo Clara & Hopefully scync the books so I wont have to keep taking time to do it manually. Is there a away? BTW I Side load using caliber. Then they go to Pocketbook Cloud Storage.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register