Mobileread
Looking for an upgrade
#21  JSWolf 01-25-2021, 04:20 PM
Quote Elektron
So right now I see the Lifebook Mars and the Boox as options... I realise BT audio would have a batterty issue. However I would like an eInk device. I think I'll look into the Mars. Does it have BT and ePub?
You are better off with an Onyx Boox because the newest models run Android 10 and they have BT 5.0 if you want Android.

But I like the idea of a Pocketbook better as it has better stock reading software.

#22  ottischwenk 01-26-2021, 12:17 AM
Quote JSWolf
You are better off with an Onyx Boox because the newest models run Android 10 and they have BT 5.0 if you want Android.

But I like the idea of a Pocketbook better as it has better stock reading software.
You should get to know the Android Pocketbook App on a Boox Device!

#23  JSWolf 01-26-2021, 07:36 AM
Quote ottischwenk
You should get to know the Android Pocketbook App on a Boox Device!
That's not possible as I do not have any devices that run Android.

#24  Quoth 01-26-2021, 09:52 AM
KOReader, from the website, solves the issue of ePubs on the Lifebook Mars. It is the cheapest 7.8" / 8" eink here with Android and Playstore. The built in reader is good on autocrop of scanned PDFs. The BT keyboard and necklace BT stereo earbuds work well. Kobo, Audible and Kindle apps from Playstore work and all apps so far except Playbooks still work after install when the Google Framework is disabled. Playstore audio, ebooks and comics work when the Google Framework is enabled.

If you don't need audio, Playstore, Kindle App, BorrowBox or tricky PDFs, then the 7" Kobo Libra is still best value. But the Mars is cheaper than the Kobo Forma by about €50 here.

I use Lithium for ebooks and Xodo for PDFs on the 10" LCD Tablet. I'd still only read and annotate ePubs that don't need an app on the Libra.

#25  Elektron 02-14-2021, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking of maybe getting the new Kobo N604 coming out

#26  DaleDe 02-15-2021, 12:17 PM
Quote Elektron
I'm thinking of maybe getting the new Kobo N604 coming out
The newest unit I see is the Kobo Nia@Wiki » as recorded in our wiki which just came out recently. Typically Kobo doesn't have numbers like N604. Is this some engineering designation?

Dale

#27  DNSB 02-15-2021, 12:35 PM
Quote DaleDe
The newest unit I see is the Kobo Nia@Wiki » as recorded in our wiki which just came out recently. Typically Kobo doesn't have numbers like N604. Is this some engineering designation?

Dale
N604 fits the Kobo model designation for their eInk devices, the Kobo Nia is a N306 for example. See Identify your Kobo eReader or Kobo tablet for a list of the model numbers. N604 is not on that list since the device has not been released and the information comes from a FCC application.

#28  DaleDe 02-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Quote DNSB
N604 fits the Kobo model designation for their eInk devices, the Kobo Nia is a N306 for example. See Identify your Kobo eReader or Kobo tablet for a list of the model numbers. N604 is not on that list since the device has not been released and the information comes from a FCC application.
Ah, Thank you.

Dale

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register