Mobileread
What Ereaders models have the best battery life?
#21  Nizharu 01-20-2021, 07:30 PM
Depends on the day, but usually from 1 to 4/5 per day, I usually finish a book the same I started it, so yeah, I read that much.
Today I haven't do it because I'm playing Quantum Break, in preparation of the book adaptation, I want to see how it fare against the source material because I heard the adaptation is good.

#22  DNSB 01-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Quote Nizharu
So, the Clara would be a good buy for my needs? I have received the money of my refund, and I'm still hesitant to make the buy.
I think it would be a good choice.

#23  Barruel 01-21-2021, 12:51 PM
Quote Nizharu
So, the Clara would be a good buy for my needs? I have received the money of my refund, and I'm still hesitant to make the buy.
My experience with the Kobo Clara is that battery life is as good as it gets. Recently I've been using one of my Claras heavily because of some job related stuff and the battery has never gone under 92/93% with a 2/3 hours/day usage and 20% light. It is true that I've connected the reader to the computer every day for half an hour or so and that it has charged a bit, but still the numbers are fantastic.

One important battery-related thing is how easy is to replace the battery in the Clara (and probably in other Kobo and non-Kobo readers).

You can get to it just by removing the back cover. One of the Claras I got from a famous Chinese online store had the battery almost detached from the case. It is glued with double sided tape, so it is easy to take it off without messing too much with the internals of the device. Once it is free, it a matter of unplugging and plugging a single cable and glue back with a new piece of double sided tape.

#24  JSWolf 01-21-2021, 03:33 PM
How good is the battery in the Kobo Libra H2O? That is what I would recommend if the battery is good. I think the 7" screen is better to read with then the 6" screen.

#25  Nizharu 01-21-2021, 05:58 PM
Thanks you all for the information on the Clara, I'll buy it then, really, thank you, I should have made this thread in the beginning instead of doing it blindly.

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register