Mobileread
Fbreader ios vs android tap zones
#1  peaceridge 11-28-2020, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to use fbreader on an android tablet. Am I missing something tap zones can only be configured in ios? Android only allows page forward in EITHER left OR right. Is that corrected in the $version? I don't want to buy the pro version unless I can tap both left and right for page forward.

#2  church mouse 11-29-2020, 08:53 AM
Quote peaceridge
I'm trying to use fbreader on an android tablet. Am I missing something tap zones can only be configured in ios? Android only allows page forward in EITHER left OR right. Is that corrected in the $version? I don't want to buy the pro version unless I can tap both left and right for page forward.
On my Android FBReader Premium, one cannot set the entire screen for forward but it is possible to set the entire lower third for forward, with the top third being back (or vice versa).

#3  peaceridge 11-29-2020, 09:36 AM
Quote church mouse
On my Android FBReader Premium, one cannot set the entire screen for forward but it is possible to set the entire lower third for forward, with the top third being back (or vice versa).
I can't find that setting on the free version - it is an either or case. I'll buy the Premium and see if it does what I need - thanks.

Nope, purchased version still does not allow me to go forward from both the left and right. What setting are you using to set the forward, I must be missing something.

#4  church mouse 11-29-2020, 11:47 AM
@peacebridge: With a book open, if I select the settings option (click in centre of screen) and within the settings menu I can scroll down to an option for Page Turning and in the subsequent menu the last option is "Tap to scroll forward" which gives an option to select "bottom third of the screen".

Do you not see those options?

#5  peaceridge 11-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Quote church mouse
@peacebridge: With a book open, if I select the settings option (click in centre of screen) and within the settings menu I can scroll down to an option for Page Turning and in the subsequent menu the last option is "Tap to scroll forward" which gives an option to select "bottom third of the screen".

Do you not see those options?
Yes, I did see them, thanks. However, it only lets me choose one of the options, I want to choose 2 of them. The ios version lets me choose several different options -- it shows a screen with the tab zones outlined and I can choose the left, right, center, and tops for various actions when tapping. Fbreader said on their FB page that they had duplicated all between ios and android. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to this one. Thanks so much for your reply.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register