Mobileread
Fire HD Plus
#1  wildhoney66 07-03-2021, 09:46 PM
an upgrade from my old kindle fire when i was setting this up without thinking about transfering my books from my old fire i said screw it and thought i'd just start over and now Calibre isn't reading it at all. it still reads my old one but not my new one at all some help?

i normally just use Epub or Mobi for books thank you i hope i explained this right cause stuff like this isn't my area of expertise so if it came out wrong my apologies

#2  Deskisamess 07-03-2021, 09:52 PM
You need to go into settings app on the kindle and configure the usb to transfer files.

#3  wildhoney66 07-03-2021, 10:00 PM
i looked it up online and it took me forever to figure that out but i finally did i've been trying to do this for the past 3 or 4 hrs so yeah it took me forever to find that online but thank you

#4  wildhoney66 07-03-2021, 10:04 PM
okay now it's not showing up on my kindle after i put a book on it

#5  wildhoney66 07-03-2021, 10:17 PM
i see it's just so vastly different than my old one cause i have to go to a button that says open kindle man that's already a pain in the ass when all i had to do what go to the library before

#6  tomsem 07-10-2021, 12:55 PM
Quote wildhoney66
i see it's just so vastly different than my old one cause i have to go to a button that says open kindle man that's already a pain in the ass when all i had to do what go to the library before
I like the streamlined UI MUCH better. The various Library pages that were there before were far too inefficient and in your face with recommendations. I don’t even go to the Library or For You page, just tap the app icon and start in.

#7  wildhoney66 07-16-2021, 02:09 AM
really? i don't normally go to the for you page just the Library

#8  wildhoney66 07-18-2021, 06:37 AM
what's funny is that i found the other day is that i clicked on the image of kindle and my page of my books shows up so i don't even need to hit Library at all.

#9  tomsem 07-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Quote wildhoney66
what's funny is that i found the other day is that i clicked on the image of kindle and my page of my books shows up so i don't even need to hit Library at all.
That is what I thought I was saying above. Library page seems largely unnecessary.

#10  wildhoney66 07-18-2021, 07:41 PM
oh my mistake i guess it just didn't Connect with my brain i admit that and you are right actually that really makes no sense. see on my kindle fire my old one that's what's on the box that i still have. you just go to the library and there are your books. normally i think hitting kindle goes to the store but i could be wrong on that.

so my apologies for not understanding you

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register