Mobileread
Error in sending books to Kindle
#1  ClairePMR 07-02-2020, 02:09 PM
It's been working just fine until today. I'm using a hotmail account and keep getting an authentication error. I haven't made any changes to passwords, etc. I'm using Calibre version 4.5.

Guidance would be appreciated!

#2  JSWolf 07-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Quote cklls
It's been working just fine until today. I'm using a hotmail account and keep getting an authentication error. I haven't made any changes to passwords, etc. I'm using Calibre version 4.5.

Guidance would be appreciated!
Try dumping Hotmail (Hotmail, when you really want to lose email you really need) and switch for Outlook for your email.

#3  ClairePMR 07-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Well, I'll be darned. It worked! Thank you!!

#4  BetterRed 07-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Quote JSWolf
Try dumping Hotmail (Hotmail, when you really want to lose email you really need) and switch for Outlook for your email.
I've been using the same hotmail account, as one of my two primary email boxes, since 1996, i.e since before MS bought it. And I've been accessing the account with Outlook, the program for almost as long, since Office 2000 was released in 1999. I have never lost anything from that account.

I, and many others, have lost mail from Gmail accounts (I only use it as a place to receive mail I don't care too much about), and I lost everything in my Lavabit account when the NSA closed it down - a lot of which was 'important'.

That said I don't use calibre's mail feature.

BR

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register