Mobileread
unable to move library
#1  ian666 01-21-2021, 12:00 PM
I want to move the db to another location but every time I try I get an error message ERROR failed to move library
These are the notes that come up under details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 145, in do_move
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 72, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2115, in move_library_to
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 2023, in move_library_to
File "calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 577, in copytree_using_links
File "os.py", line 223, in makedirs
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\ian66\\E-books\\Calibre\\Harper Lee'

#2  theducks 01-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Is this the New location
Code
C:\\Users\\ian66\\E-books\\Calibre\\Harper Lee'
or the old.

The message says there is a (create/delete?) rights problem with that folder
Your security software may be blocking if you OWN the 'Calibre' folder

#3  ian666 01-22-2021, 09:48 AM
Yes this is the new location. I have full rights of this location.
Where does it say create/delete rights problem?

#4  kovidgoyal 01-22-2021, 10:29 AM
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\ian66\\E-books\\Calibre\\Harper Lee'

#5  JSWolf 01-22-2021, 11:08 AM
Run Windows Explorer as an administer. Move the directory containing the library out of the users directory and put it someplace else that won't be a problem.

#6  BetterRed 01-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Seems odd to me that the permission fault pops up on what looks like an author folder. I'm wondering what order the move would process the folders - alphabetical, creation date . . .?

If not already done, I suggest running the Library Maintenance->Check library process over the library, and fix any errors.

BR

#7  JSWolf 01-22-2021, 05:19 PM
Quote BetterRed
Seems odd to me that the permission fault pops up on what looks like an author folder. I'm wondering what order the move would process the folders - alphabetical, creation date . . .?

If not already done, I suggest running the Library Maintenance->Check library process over the library, and fix any errors.

BR
Why go through all the hassle when it's so much easier to just move the library directory with Windows Explorer?

#8  DNSB 01-22-2021, 05:43 PM
Quote JSWolf
Why go through all the hassle when it's so much easier to just move the library directory with Windows Explorer?
As long as you remember to close all calibre applications first. Otherwise, the results can get interesting (for certain values of interesting that involve exploring the darker corners of your vocabulary).

#9  BetterRed 01-23-2021, 03:14 AM
Quote JSWolf
File Explorer is unlikely to provide any information as to how the OP's library got into this state, and if the library has errors they will almost certainly still exist after moving with File Explorer.

BR

#10  JSWolf 01-23-2021, 06:36 PM
Quote BetterRed
File Explorer is unlikely to provide any information as to how the OP's library got into this state, and if the library has errors they will almost certainly still exist after moving with File Explorer.

BR
A check can be done after the library is moved given that there is an access error with where the library is.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register