Mobileread
Split mode on Onyx
#1  fbrzvnrnd 01-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Hi, I don't know if write this here or in Onyx section: with last Onyx firmware I can turn on the Split mode, and have half screen with an application and half screen with another one. I'd like to have half screen with KOreader and half with the Note program. But when I try, an error occurres, saying that the app (KOreader) does not support split mode.
Someone knows why this happens?

#2  pazos 01-14-2021, 05:29 PM
Quote fbrzvnrnd
Hi, I don't know if write this here or in Onyx section
Here is the best place

Quote fbrzvnrnd
(...)But when I try, an error occurres, saying that the app (KOreader) does not support split mode.
Someone knows why this happens?
Because the app doesn't support split mode.

It is not really the app but the framework we use on android. More info in https://github.com/koreader/android-luajit-launcher/issues/238

Patches, as you can read in the link, are very welcome

#3  fbrzvnrnd 01-15-2021, 08:07 AM
Quote pazos
Here is the best place

Because the app doesn't support split mode.

It is not really the app but the framework we use on android. More info in https://github.com/koreader/android-luajit-launcher/issues/238

Patches, as you can read in the link, are very welcome
Thank you for the answer!

#4  pazos 01-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Quote fbrzvnrnd
Thank you for the answer!
You're welcome.

FWIW implementing basic split mode shouldn't be too hard with the code as is in KOReader.

Long time ago this, or hw rotation, were blocked as the app was hardcoded to work in portrait mode only. Since then @yparitcher fixed these limitations and now is possible to run KOReader in very questionable platforms, like Android TV, the raspberry pi framebuffer or Chrome OS.

In android devices the main blocker is just that, when multiwindow mode is enabled, part of the canvas stays behind the status bar. Somebody bothered enough with this should be able to fix it with some android SDK knowledge, without touching KO code. At least this is what I hope.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register