Mobileread
Books With Missing Files
#1  Saix_XIII 01-03-2021, 05:10 PM
I have a large library and I noticed over time it would get slower and slower to transfer my library so I found the guide mentioning to use file name template. I did that and went a step further due to OCD and now when I choose the option "Books with Missing Files" it says everything is missing. Also, if I choose to read the book via CC and send it to Moon Reader it says the book is missing as well.

This is the template I am using. {first_author:%1.1s}/{first_author}/{series}/{title} - {authors} ({id})

Is there a limit to the number of folders CC will accept for knowing a book exists? In Calibre itself it still says the book is on my device though.

Thanks.

#2  ottischwenk 01-04-2021, 06:08 AM
Quote Saix_XIII
This is the template I am using. {first_author:%1.1s}/{first_author}/{series}/{title} - {authors} ({id})
The resulting file names could be too long for the device.

#3  Saix_XIII 01-04-2021, 06:11 AM
Quote ottischwenk
The resulting file names could be too long for the device.
I suppose that would make sense, but the device can still open and read the books, and Moon Reader still adds them without a problem. The only difference is the "Books with Missing Files" in CC. Which isn't that big of a deal but would like figure out why it is happening.

#4  ottischwenk 01-04-2021, 06:39 AM
Quote Saix_XIII
I suppose that would make sense, but the device can still open and read the books, and Moon Reader still adds them without a problem. The only difference is the "Books with Missing Files" in CC. Which isn't that big of a deal but would like figure out why it is happening.
CC calls up the reader app and transfers what with how many characters?
And if that is too short, then the passed file name can not be found.

#5  Saix_XIII 01-04-2021, 06:42 AM
Quote ottischwenk
CC calls up the reader app and transfers what with how many characters?
And if that is too short, then the passed file name can not be found.
Not sure I follow what you mean my apologies.

Using the template, I setup in CC, the books transfer fine, my reader apps scan the directories and find them no problem. CC shows them as there (unless I use books with missing files) and Calibre shows the books as on my device when I am connected to it via CC.

So everything works as normal EXCEPT "books with missing files" gives false positives and when I use CC to open the book it says the book is not found, but my reader opens it no problem.

#6  ottischwenk 01-04-2021, 07:40 AM
Quote Saix_XIII
So everything works as normal EXCEPT "books with missing files" gives false positives and when I use CC to open the book it says the book is not found, but my reader opens it no problem.
CC must pass the file name to the called reader app.
And if this is too short due to the many folder names, then the Reader app cannot access this file - the name it was given does not exist.
It depends on the transfer of filenames

#7  Saix_XIII 01-04-2021, 07:42 AM
Quote ottischwenk
CC must pass the file name to the called reader app.
And if this is too short due to the many folder names, then the Reader app cannot access this file - the name it was given does not exist.
But it does exist and the reader app can access the file....I said it opens the book without a problem, the only issue is CC says it doesn't exist.

#8  ottischwenk 01-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Quote Saix_XIII
But it does exist and the reader app can access the file....I said it opens the book without a problem, the only issue is CC says it doesn't exist.
The book is opened from CC?

#9  Saix_XIII 01-04-2021, 07:49 AM
Quote ottischwenk
The book is opened from CC?
No, when CC tries to open it it says the file doesn't exist. But when I use Moonreader it opens no problem.

#10  ottischwenk 01-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Quote Saix_XIII
No, when CC tries to open it it says the file doesn't exist. But when I use Moonreader it opens no problem.
There you see the problem.
The file name passed by CC to Moon Reader does not exist because it is too long (due to the many folder names in front).

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register