Mobileread
Poke 3 and Font in Apps
#1  webno 05-19-2022, 05:01 AM
I bought me a second hand Onyx Boox Poke 3, did a factory reset and a firmware upgrade and am quite happy with it.

But when I install apps (sideload, internal app store, F-Droid, google Play Store), more often than not the font that is displayed when I write in memo boxes looks ghastly.

For example, I downloaded from Boox own store the Writer+ app and this is how it looks (see attachment).

How can I change this?

Thanks.
boox.jpeg 

#2  Renate 05-19-2022, 06:08 AM
Yes, that's the incredibly ugly "High Contrast" mode. It's on by default, but can be disabled globally or individually per-app. A long press on the app gets to the per-app settings. Since I've disabled most of the Onyx stuff, I don't remember exactly where the main shutoff is.

#3  webno 05-19-2022, 01:52 PM
Thanks.

Searched for "high contrast" on this forum and found a link explaining how to disable it globally:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339999

#4  mergen3107 05-19-2022, 01:53 PM
The main shutoff is in the Onyx'es Optimization tool. From stock launcher - as Renate says - long-press the app and disable all the toggles, most importantly something about web fonts. You can also play around with these settings via floating button - assign App Optimization there, and then launch it after you open your app. This way you will see changes on the fly.

Also there was a setting called something like Apply App Optimization for new apps automatically.

#5  webno 05-19-2022, 02:03 PM
Thanks.

Long Press app -> Optimize -> Bleach ->
- Add strokes to text = 0
- Background Color = 255

Works for me.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register