Mobileread
Voice to text functions
#1  Kaz23 05-14-2022, 05:30 AM
Ok I'm thinking about getting one of these Onyx eReaders. The main reason is because of the ability to use voice to text when making notes etc etc - but the only thing is from what I have seen - One Youtubers video - see I like the Onyx Boox Nova Air but the really need the voice to text ability when I read and made note of any ebook I read. Can anybody hear please tell me whether or not the Onyx Boox Nova Air has these voice-to-text functions? Btw I'm looking to make notes in my ebooks using voice-to-text rather than the stylist etc etc

#2  Kaz23 05-14-2022, 06:14 AM
https://youtu.be/LlwpwPlYnKE

#3  underscore 05-16-2022, 04:50 AM
I saw that video, I have an (older) nova2.
You can use whatever android keyboard you wish instead of the default onyx one they used on the video.
I prefer google gboard one.
You can test on another device how much good is voice recognition and voice-to-text in your language of choice.
I don't usually take notes but i do search books on my nova2 with voice to text recognition

#4  stetre_76 05-18-2022, 06:17 AM
Quote Kaz23
Can anybody hear please tell me whether or not the Onyx Boox Nova Air has these voice-to-text functions?
Just tried taking notes Speech-to-Text on the Nova Air C with GBoard and GBoard's dictate feature - works flawlessly on the Nova Air C (both with German and English).

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register