Mobileread
CBR to PDF Ibook Help
#1  WBruce 11-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Hi, I am trying to convert some comics I have in cbr/cbz to pdf so I can put them all on Ibooks.

I have an Ipad Original, yes the first one. Since I can no longer do much with it, I am transforming it in my comics library, and I really don't like to have to open one app for books, one for pdfs, and another for comics. I want to have everything in the same place. It's also very hard to find a comic reader for ios5, so if I make them all pdfs I can solve my problem.

I know how to make the conversion, but when I open the file it won't display in the whole screen. I have some comics I got on Humble Bundle that fill up the screen when I open, but the ones I am converting now shows a border around the page that is a no go.

I imagine this is easily fixed with some minor configuration, but I don't know how.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

#2  JSWolf 11-19-2020, 05:18 PM
It you are using a 1st Gen iPad, it's time to get rid of it and get a new one. There are many things wrong with it such as too old an OS, not enough working memory, crashes a lot. Plus iBooks is really buggy because it's an old version. If you are not running a 1st gen iPad, then you need to change the device in your profile.

As for the conversion, you do not need to convert CBR to PDF. There are comic book readers for the iPad you can get to read the CBR as is.

#3  WBruce 11-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Well, I do have a 1st Generation Ipad, and I am not getting rid of it. I also won't be buying another one.

I have hundreds of titles in my Ibooks, and I read on it everyday.
I am quite aware of the existence of CBR readers. Still that is not what I asked, and I explained what and why I want to do.

I would appreciate any tips about the technical issue I asked.

#4  kovidgoyal 11-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Have you got keep aspect ratio checked in the comic input section of the conversion dialog?

#5  WBruce 11-20-2020, 07:43 AM
Well after spent a day trying to make it work I found another solution.
I did try to check keep aspect ratio, but for no good.
Thanks anyway.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register