Mobileread
Mobipocket to officially close at last
#41  ZodWallop 09-18-2021, 05:09 PM
Quote graycyn
The Sony readers were great! I still have my T2, and just this week loaded an ePub 3 on it. The ebook worked fine on the old reader, in spite of having 3 high quality and decent resolution (around 2200 pixels high by 1500 pixels wide) images to contend with.

Every once in a while I think about selling my last Sony reader, but then I think, nah, it can live its life out here.
I still mess around with my old Nook Simple Touch from time to time. Even with the 800X600 Pearl screen, I could still use it.

The only problem it has with ePub is needing all the margins in the stylesheet. The newer 'margin: 1em 0 0' confuse it.

Ereaders age a lot better than other old tech.

#42  JSWolf 09-18-2021, 07:09 PM
Quote ZodWallop
I still mess around with my old Nook Simple Touch from time to time. Even with the 800X600 Pearl screen, I could still use it.

The only problem it has with ePub is needing all the margins in the stylesheet. The newer 'margin: 1em 0 0' confuse it.

I still have my old nook STR and there is no way I could use it. It's awful in almost every way.

#43  ZodWallop 09-19-2021, 04:16 AM
Quote JSWolf
I still have my old nook STR and there is no way I could use it. It's awful in almost every way.
Thank you for sharing.

#44  GA Russell 09-20-2021, 12:51 AM
Quote ZodWallop

I agree! I still use my jetBook Lite from 2009.

#45  Hitch 09-29-2021, 12:28 PM
Quote JSWolf
Given that this thread is so old, I would doubt anyone has Mobipocket or Mobipocket Creator. We use Calibre or Kindle Gen with KindleUnpack for Calibre to create a Mobipocket eBook.

But I would find most people here don't care about Mobi eBooks.
FWIW: I still have MBP and MBPC running on an old XP box that I have 'round here. :-D

Don't ask me why. Haven't used either in...jeeze, 7-8 years? The last thing I really remember was the issue with Internet Exploder doing some update, that did something, so you had to do a workaround to make MBPC work. LOL.

Hitch

#46  Dr. Drib 10-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Yeah, well, I still use my Sony PRS500 and my Sony Betamax.

#47  crich70 10-09-2021, 12:33 PM
This is a fairly old thread (started in 2016). I imagine Mobipocket has closed by now.

#48  DNSB 10-10-2021, 01:21 AM
Quote crich70
This is a fairly old thread (started in 2016). I imagine Mobipocket has closed by now.
I agree that Mobipocket has long since closed. What I find humourous is that after being subjected to thread necromancy, this thread has come close to doubling the number of messages posted in it.

show attachment »

#49  crich70 10-10-2021, 01:44 AM
Quote DNSB
I agree that Mobipocket has long since closed. What I find humourous is that after being subjected to thread necromancy, this thread has come close to doubling the number of messages posted in it.

show attachment »

« First  « Prev   (5/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register