Mobileread
Boyue SDK in August
#1  foro.carlos 02-18-2019, 04:46 AM
Just a heads up.
I wrote the likebook shop about an SDK to make use of the screen refresh and the brightness in apps and they replied this:

hi, after checked with boyue team, they will supply SDK maybe in Aug of this year, but not now because device just release and many new feature is add and bugs under fixing.
Very good news (if true)

#2  Guns4Hire 03-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Anything new on this front?

#3  pazos 03-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Quote Guns4Hire
Anything new on this front?
Yes!

Do not trust companies that are currently violating free software licenses. In particular they need to release the sources of:

- the kernel
- its main reader (based on FBReaderJ)
- its pdf backend (based on mupdf)

IMHO they won't release a shit, and even if they release an sdk they are still violating a lot of software licenses.

So please, do not buy!

#4  Guns4Hire 03-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Quote pazos
Yes!

Do not trust companies that are currently violating free software licenses. In particular they need to release the sources of:

- the kernel
- its main reader (based on FBReaderJ)
- its pdf backend (based on mupdf)

IMHO they won't release a shit, and even if they release an sdk they are still violating a lot of software licenses.

So please, do not buy!
I understand and don't disagree but I've already bought mine and I hadn't heard of this issue/problem.

So I hope they do release it. And I hope they get their affairs in proper order as well.

#5  maximus83 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Amazing, another tech company from mainland China engaging in technical or IP theft. Right down there with Huawei.

https://www.businessinsider.com/huawei-cfo-meng-wanzhou-indicted-fraud-ip-theft-security-concerns-2019-1

#6  pazos 12-15-2019, 03:26 PM
As you can see nothing was released. Think about it before buying a Likebook

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register