Mobileread
[GUI Plugin] Modify ePub
#1361  bidou.bidou 01-18-2020, 02:42 PM
Quote Brett Merkey
LOL. Thanks for that bidou. Of course, any reasonable person would have to conclude that your post was unhelpful to those of us who live on Earth...
I fear my english is reallly bad. But in fact the problem is to know when you are reading/writing raw data (by example a zip file) and when it is text. If, like me, you do not know what the plugin is really doing it is a problem. You can not just do search and replace like the other problems.
But the python part is easy
https://portingguide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/strings.html

#1362  davidfor 01-18-2020, 10:01 PM
Quote bidou.bidou
I fear my english is reallly bad. But in fact the problem is to know when you are reading/writing raw data (by example a zip file) and when it is text. If, like me, you do not know what the plugin is really doing it is a problem. You can not just do search and replace like the other problems.
But the python part is easy
https://portingguide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/strings.html
The tricky part is not the bytes vs str. The tricky part is to produce a plugin that will work with both the Python 2 and Python 3 versions of calibre. Your suggestions would completely break it for 99% of the current users of the plugin. If you want to do that, it will be gratefully received by the user when it is needed. Otherwise, it will get done sometime before the official Python 3 version is released. Either someone who uses it will do it, or one of the people fixing up the plugins whose author are no longer around will do it.

#1363  Rev. Bob 01-19-2020, 12:30 PM
Quote JSWolf
@Rev. Bob would you have a problem is anyone else was to fix up Modify ePub to work with Python 3?
It’s not really my choice to make. I’ve acknowledged that I can’t do it, it needs done, so that means either seeing it become obsolete or letting somebody else update it.

To the extent that my opinion matters, I prefer the latter.

#1364  JSWolf 01-19-2020, 01:51 PM
Quote Rev. Bob
It’s not really my choice to make. I’ve acknowledged that I can’t do it, it needs done, so that means either seeing it become obsolete or letting somebody else update it.

To the extent that my opinion matters, I prefer the latter.
If I could do it, I would. But I can't as well. But given how popular this plugin is, I do think someone will eventually do it.

#1365  PeterT 01-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Suggestion; recently a new member has expressed interest in working with calibre,and is looking for work. Ask Jeremy_D to work on it.

#1366  BetterRed 01-19-2020, 07:38 PM
Jeremy_D's not looking for work, he's working on Find Duplicates ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=691

BR

#1367  Rev. Bob 03-12-2020, 05:30 AM
Thanks to davidfor and BetterRed for this one. No feature changes, just a fix for a bug caused by tab-based indentation instead of space-based indentation in some lines of code.

« First  « Prev   (137/137)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register