Mobileread
Biography Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 29: Darwin, Voyage of the Beagle. v1
#11  RWood 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM
He could always email me a brick ....

#12  NatCh 05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Hmmm. Yes, an interesting notion that. But it wouldn't really be throwing -- I know, they say you can put anything in a 'podcast,' and a 'cast' is kind of a 'throw,' so he could put a brick in a podcast and e-mail you that!

#13  JSWolf 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Quote Bob Russell
If you don't do it, I'll throw a brick at you! (How's that for a demand?!)

But seriously, maybe after completing the series, people will be clamoring for .rtf (or .html) and .pdb versions. That would open up these great books to people with any kind of device.

I can't believe that only Sony Reader owners want to read this amazing collection of classics. And my theory is that most people who aren't interested in the Harvard Classics just haven't read enough to get hooked!
What tools exist for the iLiad that convert HTML into something useful to read? I have HTML for one book and the BD HTML0 for the others I've posted here. So I could just load the Book designer files and save as PDB.

#14  Dr. Drib 05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, these are always good to have. A complete set would be very welcome.

You mentioned being satisfied (finally) with the cover. I was wondering if you're going to go back and redo the earlier covers?

Thanks,
Don

#15  HarryT 05-24-2007, 05:56 AM
The advantage of BD is that, once you've done all the work of getting the book looking nice in BD, it's trivial to generate whatever book format you want from it.

#16  RWood 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
Yes, these are always good to have. A complete set would be very welcome.

You mentioned being satisfied (finally) with the cover. I was wondering if you're going to go back and redo the earlier covers?

Thanks,
Don
Yes, I will generate the earlier books again.

Since there is no change to the contents it will be on a time available basis. Hopefully by the end of this holiday weekend.

#17  Penguin44 12-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Hi there new to the forum. I just downloaded this and, thank you. But is there any way to have the actual sketches and drawings that were present in the original book? Or is this a limitation of the devices/format?

#18  Penguin44 01-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Anyone?

#19  mtravellerh 01-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Quote Penguin44
Hi there new to the forum. I just downloaded this and, thank you. But is there any way to have the actual sketches and drawings that were present in the original book? Or is this a limitation of the devices/format?
No device/format limitation on the illustrations or covers (except for the colors, of course), not a copyright issue either. There might just not be a scan of the original book available, thus no sketches or drawings. We can only integrate illustrations in "our" books if they are available to us.

#20  pdurrant 01-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Anyone interested in Darwin's writings should browse

http://darwin-online.org.uk/

which has all his books, manuscripts, diaries, etc. available on-line at no charge.

Various versions of the Voyage of the Beagle are available, from the first edition up, with illustrations.

It would be nice to get the illustrations included in this book, I suppose. If anyone has time to do it?

Quote Penguin44

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register