Mobileread
Pocket Pro 5" Is the battery "Nokia" compatible for real??
#11  Faenad 09-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Till Robert provides us with a link for the battery, I would take that with a grain of salt.
Robert is used to make incorrect (let's say "optimistic") statement on his products, or to make promise and don't deliver after.

In the meantime, the picture of the battery (also posted by Robert) is certainly not from LG. If someone already owning the PP could confirm and if it's a LG battery give us the corresponding part number, if would be more helpful.

#12  Egbert 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
The battery fits into a compartment that's slightly larger, so the dimensions don't have to be exact. I think the thickness has to be the same or slimmer though, since the cover seems to press against it pretty tightly.

The picture that Robert posted is pretty much what it looks like. It's wrapped around with some black tape, which I don't really want to take off at the risk of damaging something. The only writing is on the side that Robert photographed.

#13  slayda 09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Quote Faenad
Till Robert provides us with a link for the battery, I would take that with a grain of salt.
Robert is used to make incorrect (let's say "optimistic") statement on his products, or to make promise and don't deliver after.

In the meantime, the picture of the battery (also posted by Robert) is certainly not from LG. If someone already owning the PP could confirm and if it's a LG battery give us the corresponding part number, if would be more helpful.
Just FYI, the EZ Reader basic also has a Chinese battery but it will accept the Nokia BL-5CA. I got a wall charger for this battery on ebay for $5.39 (free shipping from Hong Kong via USPS). Now I can just swap the battery and go on reading while the charger charges my spare battery. As a bonus the charger accepts a USB cable so I could also charge the battery in the reader (probably not simultaneously).

#14  kanguro 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Looks to me like this one or this one

Update: They are not the correct ones (wiring)

#15  slayda 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Not being a battery guru I may just not understand but those have only 2 wires. Robert's picture showes 3 wires.

#16  Dave_S 09-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Quote slayda
Not being a battery guru I may just not understand but those have only 2 wires. Robert's picture showes 3 wires.
If the V5 uses a 3 wire battery, that is what it needs. IIRC, a two wire battery does not have an internal battery controller, but a 3 wire one does. The third wire allows the battery controller in the battery to communicate with the microprocessor inside the device.

#17  RichyRich 09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
So, far, it seems there are extended batteries out that are compatible with GB/TI8287-2000, but the design of the battery, if the pictures are accurate, would indicate they are physically incompatible. The main problem is that any site I go to has the same picture for displaying the battery.

2600Mah Battery

1200Mah Battery

An alternate reference # seem to be CS-ET280SL

The GB/T18287-2000 or CS-ET280SL batteries are typically found in these devices:
Dallab DP900 PDA
Dallab xg 500p PDA
Lenovo Lenove ET280 PDA

If I had to guess, this battery seems like a close alternative. This battery is for the Ipod Photo.
PMPAIPHOTO

Of course, all this information is gleaned from web searches, so all the information could be inaccurate.

#18  Robertb 09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote RichyRich
So, far, it seems there are extended batteries out that are compatible with GB/TI8287-2000, but the design of the battery, if the pictures are accurate, would indicate they are physically incompatible. The main problem is that any site I go to has the same picture for displaying the battery.

2600Mah Battery

1200Mah Battery

An alternate reference # seem to be CS-ET280SL

The GB/T18287-2000 or CS-ET280SL batteries are typically found in these devices:
Dallab DP900 PDA
Dallab xg 500p PDA
Lenovo Lenove ET280 PDA

If I had to guess, this battery seems like a close alternative. This battery is for the Ipod Photo.
PMPAIPHOTO

Of course, all this information is gleaned from web searches, so all the information could be inaccurate.
Dear All:

We are waiting for the factory to give us an accurate battery number and link. Shopping by the battery standard does little good. It is the three wires that throw us off. They have promised to respond immediately and I will post; but it sure does not look now to us like a simple cell phone battery as I thought it was. We will be exact.

#19  kacir 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote Robertb
They have promised to respond immediately and I will post; but it sure does not look now to us like a simple cell phone battery as I thought it was. We will be exact.
It is still much better than having to perform a complicated disassembly of device before you get to the battery.

#20  Faenad 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
So, far, it seems there are extended batteries out that are compatible with GB/TI8287-2000
GB/TI8287-2000 is a standard, not the reference of the battery. It's like if you were using the term ROHS to shop for compatible accessory.
And many battery reseller don't bother to take a picture for every batteries they sell, they use a common picture that will not necessarily looks like the actual product.

Better to wait for RobertB to provide a link, now that we caught his attention.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/8)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register