Mobileread
Redshirts by John Scalzi
#1  Orr101 10-22-2020, 02:26 PM
If you like Startrek (or any of its similar "adventures in space of the heroes" variants, e.g. Babylon 5, Etc.) - Read this.

IT starts out as a well written twist on the theme - and by the end it has twists that make it become better, much better.

#2  drofgnal 10-23-2020, 05:43 AM
I like Scalzi's Old Man's war series, but never really cared enough to pick up some of his other works.

#3  Uncle Robin 10-23-2020, 06:01 AM
Redshirts was fun, and seems to have been the sort of concept picked up recently by shows like Star Trek: Lower Decks Old Man's War was a very different kettle of fish. Both good reads, for me, but too different to compare.

#4  pwalker8 10-23-2020, 06:00 PM
I liked Redshirts as well. The audiobook is very well done, with Will Wheaton serving as the narrator (nice Star Trek connection there).

#5  Uncle Robin 10-23-2020, 07:46 PM
Quote pwalker8
I liked Redshirts as well. The audiobook is very well done, with Will Wheaton serving as the narrator (nice Star Trek connection there).
It was Wil Wheaton's plugging Redshirts back in the days when he was active on social media that got mhelped give Redshirts the distinction of being one of only two audiobooks I ever managed to survive listening to more than a quarter of (Obama's first read by the author was the other one) .

#6  PKFFW 11-05-2020, 08:46 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed Redshirts. Also enjoyed Old Man's War series.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register