Mobileread
RIP Eric Flint
#1  Critteranne 07-17-2022, 02:43 PM
His death has been announced on social media.
For example, here is a post from Robert J. Sawyer.

Without him, there would have been no Baen Free Library. Not to mention Ring of Fire anthologies. And Ring of Fire Press.

#2  pdurrant 07-17-2022, 03:04 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his novels, and his many collaborations.

He was also solidly against DRM on ebooks, and appreciated that copyright was a two-sided bargain. An all-round good egg.

#3  Apache 07-17-2022, 04:41 PM
I too will miss him. I always looked forward to his books and have reread many of them.
Apache

#4  DNSB 07-17-2022, 06:58 PM
I've enjoyed many of his books from Mother of Demons on. He will be missed by many.

Quite a few tweets visible on the Baen website and this tweet on the Baen Books twitter.

There is also a GoFundMe to help support his wife with memorial expenses Eric Flint.

#5  teamug 07-18-2022, 07:21 AM
I just started reading one of his books recently, first time I read one of his works, but it won't be the last. Sorry to see he passed away.

#6  Gardenman 07-18-2022, 09:49 PM
Quote pdurrant
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his novels, and his many collaborations.

He was also solidly against DRM on ebooks, and appreciated that copyright was a two-sided bargain. An all-round good egg.

I enjoyed them too

#7  theducks 07-19-2022, 07:30 PM
Dang!
I just checked my Library. I have quite a collection with him as an author
12 Paperbacks
77 E-books (Baen Bundles account for many as most of the Free Library ones are tallied under Paper, where I first read them)

A bunch more where he was the editor.

Do read his rant on DRM (The FAQ page at Baen is not working for me, so no link)
RIP Eric, we will toast you at the Bar

#8  gbm 07-19-2022, 08:24 PM
It'd in yrh free library.

Link to all his well essays in all formats:

https://www.baen.com/prime-palaver.html

His drm:

https://ericflint.net/salvos-against-big-brother/a-matter-of-principle/

bernie

Quote theducks
Dang!
I just checked my Library. I have quite a collection with him as an author
12 Paperbacks
77 E-books (Baen Bundles account for many as most of the Free Library ones are tallied under Paper, where I first read them)

A bunch more where he was the editor.

Do read his rant on DRM (The FAQ page at Baen is not working for me, so no link)
RIP Eric, we will toast you at the Bar

#9  Apache 07-20-2022, 08:33 AM
I have most of his books even in paper. He was an author I would buy immediately when released.
Apache

#10  theducks 07-20-2022, 09:37 PM
@gbm
Thanks for the links.
Baen was the first place I hit after getting my first e-reader (I had a 1/2 ton of their paperbacks already )

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register