Mobileread
Companion library only displaying first few books
#1  bkeberle 01-25-2020, 11:08 PM
Been running into this issue repeatedly where my calibre companion only shows the first 15-16 books alphabetically. I've re-synced my library and confirmed all the books were on the device so I'm not sure what's going on here. I just booted up calibre and connected my device and it's showing all the books as on the device. Now that I'm directly connected to calibre it's showing more books are in my app on my phone, but it's only the letters A and F??
IMG_4995.PNG unnamed.jpg 

#2  stumped 01-26-2020, 02:48 AM
did you search the forum? another poster a few months back had a very similar issue which was eventually diagnosed, but only after much poring over log files....

you'd best track that down for clues as there's no official place to send log files to nowadays

#3  stumped 01-26-2020, 04:00 AM
this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321792

if nothing in there helps then ask again

#4  pwalker8 01-26-2020, 07:49 AM
If you are running an iPhone XS, then you might have run into the iOS CC bug. The solution is to delete CC, reinstall it, then redownload your books. Is there anything there when you look at things like authors, series and the like? If not, that's likely what happened.

#5  bkeberle 01-28-2020, 11:21 PM
Nope, nothing under author's and series. I'll try some of these methods, thank you for the responses.

#6  bkeberle 01-28-2020, 11:28 PM
So, I just synced wirelessly and everything is suddenly showing up in CC though...I did bulk edit the comment section to be blank on all my books before this. Oddly enough CC seems to be working when I click on a book, but if I access said book through the search function, immediately crashes. Odd. Will have to explore more.

#7  stumped 01-29-2020, 02:16 AM
keep exploring but also tell us whether your app is running on android or IOS please, to help focus the advice. some known issues are platform specific

#8  bkeberle 01-30-2020, 07:23 PM
PC app? It's Windows. My phone is an Iphone XS so it runs IOS, most recent build.

#9  stumped 01-31-2020, 03:22 AM
Quote bkeberle
PC app? It's Windows. My phone is an Iphone XS so it runs IOS, most recent build.
CC on IOS is in a worse state than CC on android.

in bygone days you could send a CC log file to the developers who would scry it and diagnose.
CC log files still exist, but developers? read changing of the guard and other sad threads

#10  theducks 01-31-2020, 02:30 PM
Folks. Please give it a break.

We all know CC IOS has issues (and if you have not figured it out, you have not been reading before posting ).

IF there is a new release. And IF there are new issues, by all means, take up the baton again.
Until then... Give it a rest

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register