Mobileread
Likebook Ares vs Boox Nova Pro
#1  cambienta 01-25-2020, 08:18 PM
I ordered both of them and can’t decide which one would be the best to keep. Though I’ve found many comparisons of the Nova Pro against the Muses, I’ve not found any against the new Ares. Curious to hear the thoughts of others.

#2  Gibbo 01-26-2020, 02:36 AM
Well I can't vouch for the ares but I simply love my nova pro, big screen to read via the kindle app (perfect) plus I'm starting to also use moonreader+ app which I bought many moons ago and never really got into it.

Ref the writing part of it I'm not really interested (pen still in it's plastic) but I will use it to try out my new cover to see if the magnets interferes with the writing when folded backwards (as mentioned on another thread)

#3  Poppaea 01-28-2020, 02:29 PM
Quote cambienta
I ordered both of them and can’t decide which one would be the best to keep. Though I’ve found many comparisons of the Nova Pro against the Muses, I’ve not found any against the new Ares. Curious to hear the thoughts of others.
AFAIK the Ares and the Muses are identical. The Ares is just the younger iteration and a tad lighter IIRC.

#4  cambienta 01-29-2020, 01:01 PM
I've got with the Boox Nova Pro -- OTG and expandable storage aren't as important to me in an e-reader, and it's my understanding that their software support is better. The Nova Pro is supposed to receive Android 9... though after poking around in Boox's history it seems that some people are skeptical :/ hope they come through on that one.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register