Mobileread
Best koreader version with crop for non touch kindles
#1  icetbr 01-24-2020, 06:33 AM
SO, koreader disabled cropping for NT kindles. I was looking into testing the manual cropping capabilities. I remember using it with the old kindlepdfviewer and it was very good.

Can someone recommend me the last version with a workable cropping for non touch kindles?

Thanks.

#2  pazos 01-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Quote icetbr
SO, koreader disabled cropping for NT kindles. I was looking into testing the manual cropping capabilities. I remember using it with the old kindlepdfviewer and it was very good.

Can someone recommend me the last version with a workable cropping for non touch kindles?

Thanks.
No one, sadly. KOReader started as a reimplementation of kpdfviewer for touch devices. @onderock added support for key navigation, but leaved page crop disabled as you can see in this PR: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3785

So, you might want to look for other program or implement it yourself. Open a new ticker on github could help to raise awareness of the issue, but I doubt a lot of people with NT devices are using KO.

BTW, if you're interested to implement the feature yourself, you can emulate a non touch device on desktop linux & mac, using
Code
DISABLE_TOUCH=1 ./kodev run

#3  icetbr 01-24-2020, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the advice, I might take a crack at it at some point if I find myself using koreader a lot.

Right now it is just a nuisance not having it, but it can be such helpful for some pdfs.

#4  Frenzie 01-26-2020, 07:10 AM
Quote icetbr
That would basically be kindlepdfviewer. KOReader is kindlepdfviewer for touch devices, although most of its functionality does work on non-touch. For KOReader, the newer the better. (Or at least post-2018.)

You can get a lot of mileage out of the likes of "fit to content width" without manual cropping, however!

Incidentally, it could potentially be helpful to describe how it works on kindlepdfviewer.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register