Mobileread
Note 2 : making it usable
#1  Pascal V. 01-22-2020, 04:40 AM
Hi all,

I just purchased a note 2 in replacement of my old pocketbook 903, and I have to say that for the moment I'm a bit underwhelmed by the note, so maybe my experience will be useful for others :
If any of you has found his optimal workflow with his note feel free to share it!

All in all, this does not feel like a much superior device to the pb903 which is ~10y old now.

#2  triumph627 01-22-2020, 01:48 PM
This is what works for me. I have a Note Pro, but I have friends/family with the newer Note 2 and they are very similar.

To bypass the boot up time, Go to Settings -> Power. I set the “Power off Timeout” to Never. My device goes to sleep after 30 minutes but won’t turn off on me unless I let the battery die. That way I don’t have to sit there for a minute before I can take notes, read, etc.

To have the device scan all folders and display the documents in the library tab, go to Library -> Library Settings and choose the option “Scan whole storage.” The books should show up (might have to refresh the library or restart the device).

I use the built in sync feature (Settings -> Account) with OneNote, and it’s works pretty well at syncing the notes so I can see them on my phone and computer devices (all you see is a PDF though, so I’m not sure what level of syncing you’re looking for). They also offer Dropbox and Evernote sync built-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3  Pascal V. 01-24-2020, 10:43 AM
The "scan all storage" option is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks! That alone will make it much more usable.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register