Mobileread
The "An Artist Once" and "A Song Once" Game
#1  Solitaire1 01-08-2020, 09:19 PM
It's time for another game. I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as the last game.

The rules are simple:

- Post one song by one artist/act (videos are encouraged but not required)

- Each artist/act can only be used one time.

- Each song can only be used one time. Other versions of the same song by other artists/acts are not eligible.

- Added (13 Jan 2020): Please include the name of the song and the artist/act in the text of the post. This will help everyone identify which songs and artists/acts have already been used.

- Added (13 Jan 2020): If you mention two or more artists and/or acts in a post (such as in the case of a duet) both are no longer eligible in future posts.

- Added (13 Jan 2020): If two or more different songs have the same name but are different songs, each can be used but it must be confirmed that they are different songs.

- Added (13 Jan 2020): Different versions of the same act can be used as long as they have different names.

- Added (16 Jan 2020): Individuals who were former members of a band can also be used as solo artists. As an example, each member of The Beatles can also be used as a solo artist. Likewise, members of one band to form a new band or join an existing band can also be used with the band. As an example (mentioned by another poster), George Harrison can be posted as a member of The Beatles, as a solo artist, and as a member of The Traveling Wilburys.

- Added (13 Jan 2020): Parodies of songs may be used as long as they are significantly different from the original song and the parody has a different name.

- Winning The Game: The game will continue until no one has made a valid post for 5 full days (if the last post is on a Monday, Tuesday is the first full day, Wednesday is the second full day, and so on). This will give everyone adequate time to post. After the 5th full day without a valid post, the last person who made a valid post will be the winner.

I will start with: "I Need To Be In Love" by the Carpenters (my favorite song):

YouTube clip »

Note: By the above rules both the Carpenters and the song "I Need To Be In Love" are no longer eligible for future posts in this thread.

#2  BetterRed 01-08-2020, 11:09 PM
YouTube clip »

I'm there somewhere, but I'd never heard of this bloke. I'd just arrived in the US on a scholarship, I thought i was going to the Jazz Festival - I soon discovered that's held at the other Newport :lol:

#3  cromag 01-13-2020, 04:56 AM
Love Me Do, by The Beatles

YouTube clip »

#4  Solitaire1 01-13-2020, 03:05 PM
"Matrimony" by Gilbert O'Sullivan

YouTube clip »

#5  drjd 01-13-2020, 03:26 PM
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

YouTube clip »

Obviously, my favorite.

#6  crich70 01-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Candle in the Wind by Elton John