Mobileread
Google Books
#1  Ayala 12-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Hi,

If i buy a book from google which is DRM protected , Can i read it on my kindle paperwhite 10th gen?

#2  Deskisamess 12-26-2019, 11:00 AM
No...Kindles don't read ePub format. You'd need to use Calibre to strip the DRM and format shift to the correct format for Kindle.

Adding...because I wasn't clear...you need the proper plug-ins for Calibre to remove the DRM. Do as Peter mentioned to find that info.

#3  PeterT 12-26-2019, 12:36 PM
To clarify; Calibre DOES NOT remove DRM. There is a 3rd party plugin NOT supported on these forums that can remove some forms of DRM. Search for Apprentice Alf.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

#4  DNSB 12-26-2019, 04:09 PM
And as a further note, discussion of DRM removal is not permitted on MobileRead. PeterT's advice on searching for Apprentice Alf is about the limit of allowed discussion so if you need help, check Apprentice Alf/Apprentice Harper for help.

#5  JSWolf 01-08-2020, 07:24 PM
Quote DNSB
And as a further note, discussion of DRM removal is not permitted on MobileRead. PeterT's advice on searching for Apprentice Alf is about the limit of allowed discussion so if you need help, check Apprentice Alf/Apprentice Harper for help.
Actually, the URL is allowed to be given.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register