Mobileread
search, sort functions
#1  peaceridge 12-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Is there any way to get Marvin to search or sort on a user defined field (from Calibre preferably)?

#2  Turtle91 12-18-2019, 11:07 PM
I think I actually asked that question of Kris long ago, and, IIRC, the answer was no because he couldn't tell what those internal user-defined fields were going to be, and that they may not be consistent across all the ebooks - thus causing issues on how to deal with the outliers.

He did oblige by allowing the series/series# to be listed/sorted because those were "standard" user-defined fields...

#3  peaceridge 12-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Quote Turtle91
I think I actually asked that question of Kris long ago, and, IIRC, the answer was no because he couldn't tell what those internal user-defined fields were going to be, and that they may not be consistent across all the ebooks - thus causing issues on how to deal with the outliers.

He did oblige by allowing the series/series# to be listed/sorted because those were "standard" user-defined fields...
That's what I figured, but hoped I was wrong. Obviously, I'm still trying to get the function of the old CC in a different app. Appreciate your answer.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register