Mobileread
All Kindle Readers on Sale
#1  Richwood 11-28-2019, 08:58 AM
As of this morning at about 4:40 AM PST Amazon s having a $80 off sale on the Kindle Oasis reader. I ordered the 32 GB, no advertising version with WiFi and free cellular communications, in other words the top of the line model.

A quick peek indicates that ALL the Kindle readers are on sale at the moment though as usual with Amazon, who knows for how long. These are shown also on the Black Friday listing so prices should be good for a couple of days at least.

#2  Ricky D'Angelo 11-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Prime Members get 10% back on amount charged to an Amazon Prime credit card. I am so resisting the urge to get the Kindle Fire 10 right now.

#3  Dr. Drib 11-28-2019, 10:55 AM
I was going to get the Kobo Forma, but with this HUGE sale price I purchased the Kobo Oasis, gold color, with 32-gigs. I also picked up a red Moko cover.

I may change the Oasis to the 8-gig model. Not certain. Audio books are a 'mmmfffffff' addition for me -- Not that there's anything wrong with that for those who enjoy the addition of audiobooks. Me: Give me a book!

I have a Kobo Aura One and love it, BUT I also have a Kindle Voyage. And the Voyage (for me!) has the better screen. I figure - again, for me! - that the Oasis will be a BIT closer to my beloved Kindle Voyage.

So....should I change it to the 8-gig? Your postings here will be held in strict confidence!

#4  Atunah 11-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
I was going to get the Kobo Forma, but with this HUGE sale price I purchased the Kobo Oasis, gold color, with 32-gigs. I also picked up a red Moko cover.

I may change the Oasis to the 8-gig model. Not certain. Audio books are a 'mmmfffffff' addition for me -- Not that there's anything wrong with that for those who enjoy the addition of audiobooks. Me: Give me a book!

I have a Kobo Aura One and love it, BUT I also have a Kindle Voyage. And the Voyage (for me!) has the better screen. I figure - again, for me! - that the Oasis will be a BIT closer to my beloved Kindle Voyage.

So....should I change it to the 8-gig? Your postings here will be held in strict confidence!
I have had the O2 and now the latest one with 8gig. I don't listen to audiobooks often, but I have used it on the O2 before. I had 2 audiobooks on it at the same time and still a bunch of books. I mean I can only listen to one audiobook at the same time anyway. But since it doesn't have speakers, I had to connect to to some and either my headphones were always non charged, or i was in the wrong room to use the speaker I needed. So for the here and there audiobook 8gig is plenty. It drains the battery quite a bit anyway.

I prefer reading the words still best. Its hard for me to get into audiobooks. But I think for a heavy listener, a phone or tablet might be more useful. And on a fire for example, you can do the reading and listening at the same time. You can't do that on the Oasis. Its either or.

#5  tdonline 11-28-2019, 12:06 PM
Quote Dr. Drib

Same exact boat. Need Kobo to fire up the drama by putting the Forma on sale too.

Seriously though, this sale is so tempting. It allows me to stay within the Amazon ebook world. I really appreciate being able to put my Paperwhite on airplane mode and continuing to read overdue library books (it sounds a little more complicated to do it on Kobos). It also allows me to sync with my PW so I can use it on the go and keep the Oasis at home.

The biggest sticking point is that the 7in screen isn't enough of a real estate upgrade for me. I've tried it a few times at my local Amazon store and each time, I haven't felt the screen was big enough. But that was also with the price at $250...maybe it's big enough for $175.

How long will this deal last? At least until Friday right? That will give me a chance to go to the store tomorrow and give it one more test drive.

#6  Dr. Drib 11-28-2019, 12:06 PM
Changed the order to the black 8-gig model.

(Gold is not available for the 8-gig model.)

#7  tch65721 11-28-2019, 01:32 PM
I traded in an old model (the first "touch") and got additional 25% off the new 8 gig Oasis. Very nice deal. Glad I didn't cave for the older gen. Thanks.

#8  JSWolf 11-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Quote Dr. Drib

Yes, go with an 8GB Kobo. The software is better then the Oasis.

#9  binaryhermit 11-28-2019, 02:15 PM
And at least the "All-New Kindle" and Paperwhite seem to be on sale on bestbuy.com right now, for what it's worth.

#10  j.p.s 11-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Quote binaryhermit
And at least the "All-New Kindle" and Paperwhite seem to be on sale on bestbuy.com right now, for what it's worth.
Someone should write a Who's on First style dialog between a customer who bought an "All-New Kindle" N years ago and amazon customer support. An audio compilation of actual such conversations would likely be even better.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register