Mobileread
Forma Can I add books to Forma and update metadata wirelessly?
#1  droopy 08-23-2019, 02:37 PM
I have Kobo Forma and Calibre 3.46 on Linux Mint.

All my books are sideloaded (I don't buy books from the Kobo Bookstore). So far, the way I've added books into my Forma is by connecting it to my laptop with the USB cable, and then using Calibre's "Send to Device". This is also how I update book metadata.

Is there a way I can do these things wirelessly? I have storage space on dropbox, if that's an option.

#2  NiLuJe 08-23-2019, 04:27 PM
There's a few cloud storage sync'ing tools hidden away in the Dev subforum, if you're into that sort of thing.

If you happen to have Calibre on hand, there's also @sherman's UNCaGED app, which acts as a Calibre Wireless client (much like the Android app you may be aware of).
(We should have caught the brunt of the issues by now, so you don't necessarily have to be scared away by the "alpha" label ).

Other than that, KOReader has an OPDS browser, but that might be a tad overkill if your only use of it is for that, especially because getting Nickel to pickup new data when it's not being used at all is a bit tricky .

#3  PeterT 08-23-2019, 05:16 PM
I kind of doubt any of the cloud options would offer metadata updating. AFAIK the Kobo calibre driver directly updates the sqlite database on the Kobo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

#4  sherman 08-23-2019, 05:20 PM
UNCaGED will even do limited metadata updating, mostly series and description. Haven't gotten around to shelves/collections yet though, if that's important to you.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register