Mobileread
Which is the best device to read e-books?
#1  geekguy234 08-22-2019, 02:20 AM
I am an enthusiast and a professional photographer and like to play games in my free time. Can anyone suggest to me which will be the best device top read E-books in my free time? my budget for the device is 5000 Indian Rupees.

#2  meeera 08-22-2019, 04:07 AM
Quote geekguy234
I am an enthusiast and a professional photographer and like to play games in my free time. Can anyone suggest to me which will be the best device top read E-books in my free time? my budget for the device is 5000 Indian Rupees.
What sorts of books? (Novels, photography books, textbooks, PDFs or epubs or other format, something else?)

What devices are readily available to you at shops in your country?

Do you also want to take/edit photographs and play games on the device?

#3  jhowell 08-22-2019, 08:57 AM
You may want to consider reading on your smart phone if you have one and your eyesight is good.

I am most familiar with Amazon Kindles and even the least expensive Kindle device is outside of your price range. (R8000)

#4  RobertDDL 08-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Since you say you have an iPad 3 - with its large screen, high resolution and choice of reading apps, this looks like quite a good device for reading all kinds of e-books?

#5  ottdmk 08-23-2019, 03:45 PM
I love my Kobo Aura H2O for reading books. Worth every penny to me.

#6  cfrizz 08-23-2019, 06:58 PM
You have an Ipad, so put some reading apps on it and start reading!

#7  fjtorres 08-23-2019, 08:49 PM
Another vote for the iPad.
The apps are free so you can test the different stores to see which you prefer, with the various free ebooks.

Just be aware that you need to use a browser to set up your accounts and acquire the ebooks before you can download them to the app as Apple doesn't allow the apps to directly connect to their matching stores.

In that respect, if your smartphone isn't an iPhone the phone might be a better starter.

There are plenty of sources for legally free ebooks in English so you don't have to spend anything to get started and find out if reading on LCD is okay for you.

#8  4691mls 08-26-2019, 09:44 AM
Your question will likely get more responses if you post in the "Which One Should I Buy" section of the forum. It's on the main forum page, just scroll down a little way past the General topics to the Readers topics.

#9  issybird 08-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Quote 4691mls
Your question will likely get more responses if you post in the "Which One Should I Buy" section of the forum. It's on the main forum page, just scroll down a little way past the General topics to the Readers topics.
I'll go ahead and move this to the forum in the Device section.

Just as an FYI, people should report a post and request to have it moved to the appropriate thread or forum rather than repost. Members also should feel free to report such misplaced posts for action.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register