Mobileread
Kindle system problem (unusable)
#1  poroto123 08-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Hi. Sorry for my english, but i'll try to expose my case:
I have an Kindle 7. Everything ok until a few months ago. The reader started with many problems: battery charge begun to last only a couple of hours; and then, the main problem, is that the software started to fail very often. When i'm reading a book sometimes get error and i have to restart (pressing button 40 seconds); when the system back, the reading % returns to previous %; and now i cant charge any book. I've try with calibre and manually, and nothing. With any reset, the new book disappears. The firmware is 5.11.11. Surely the problem is related to the update. I download the last firmware (5.12), copy/paste, update, but, at the end, the problem continue: books are all there, the firmware remains the same (5.11), and nothing has changed. The same with factory reset: make the process, but the system has not changed. Indeed i tried to downgrade to 5.3 and another firmware: copy/paste, update, but the problem remains.
I contacted with amazon (japan, the device came from there), and suggested me update to 5.12. I told them that i had done it, and at the end they give no solution.
After all: how can i solve this trouble? I think something is blocking the system and not allows to make a factory reset or an update/downgrade. How can i unlock it? Is there any system archive that i can modify? My intention is to make a factory reset, but i can't while the system stay locked. (In the root, there are many archives: *.calibre; bootlex.log; some screenshots: i try to deleted it, but returns with the reset).
Please help me with this issue!!!

Greetings and thank you so much

#2  jhowell 08-21-2019, 01:09 PM
If you delete files and they return after a reboot that points to a failure of the flash memory hardware.

It would be more expensive to repair that than to replace the device.

#3  poroto123 08-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Really??!! Bad news, but is what happen: I've deleted many books, make copy/paste, factory reset, update, downgrade and, after all, the system and trouble remains. Thanks for the help.

#4  Paskal 08-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Hi. I think that update to 5.12 is not really solution to unusable Kindle

#5  poroto123 08-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Yep. I think so. The things went worse. Today the kindle not even start. Shows the tree-boy screen, sometimes try to start, but not pass from this step. I don't know what could it be and if deserves to look how to fix it. Thans for your help!!

#6  Paskal 08-24-2019, 11:44 AM
Quote poroto123
Yep. I think so. The things went worse. Today the kindle not even start. Shows the tree-boy screen, sometimes try to start, but not pass from this step. I don't know what could it be and if deserves to look how to fix it. Thans for your help!!
Hi. Anyone have idea about https://www.liseuse.com/ site ranking for 2019 ?

#7  Dr. Drib 08-29-2019, 10:21 AM
I don't believe your question has anything whatsoever to do with the OP's issue.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register