Mobileread
Metadata
#1  LordP 08-20-2019, 02:49 PM
I've had Kindles and Kobos, and now I have the Boox Note, none of these show metadata as I'd like to see it.

I would like to see metadata as Calibre shows it - does any device have this feature?

Or maybe an app that I can run on the Note?

#2  davidfor 08-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Sorry, not sure what "as calibre" show it means. Do you mean in a detailed list? Or like the details pane when you select the book? Or something else? Of the dedicated ereaders, Kobo shows the most as it can show series info. You can also use metadata plugboards to modify the metadata when sending books to the device to add information that the device doesn't display. I use this to add page and word counts to the comments the Kobo devices display.

But, if the Boox Note is an Android device, you might be able to run Calibre Companion. That is probably the closest you can get to "calibre on a device".

#3  LordP 08-21-2019, 04:22 AM
I should have been clearer.

I actually wanted the device to show the comments, or synopsis, as Calibre does when you press "Edit Metadata". I lend my Note to my SO from time to time and she would like to see what the heck a book may be about without having to actually open the book.

I'll try Calibre Companion - thanks for the suggestion.

#4  John F 08-21-2019, 05:51 AM
Quote LordP
I've had Kindles and Kobos, and now I have the Boox Note, none of these show metadata as I'd like to see it.

I would like to see metadata as Calibre shows it - does any device have this feature?

Or maybe an app that I can run on the Note?
Quote LordP
I should have been clearer.

I actually wanted the device to show the comments, or synopsis, as Calibre does when you press "Edit Metadata". I lend my Note to my SO from time to time and she would like to see what the heck a book may be about without having to actually open the book.

I'll try Calibre Companion - thanks for the suggestion.
Kobos can show the "comments" that Calibre shows. Go to my "My Books", tap and hold a book, pick "View details".

#5  4691mls 08-21-2019, 10:40 AM
A few threads down the page from the OP's is a long discussion titled
"Ereader that lets you read book synopsis/info (like a back cover)?"

#6  LordP 08-21-2019, 11:35 AM
@4691mls, Figures, the one thing I didn't search for is Synopsis.

Thanks, John F, I had a Kobo a while back and never noticed.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register