Mobileread
error 10054
#1  Navygirl2008 08-18-2019, 06:58 PM
I am consistently getting a 10054 error. I have been trying for months to transfer all my books to my samsung tab a. Transferring to my Kindle fire hdx works like a dream. Transfers very quickly. Here is the file:

calibre, version 3.46.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1479, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 718, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 604, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

If i transfer via usb will the books show up in my calibre companion?

#2  theducks 08-19-2019, 05:38 PM
Quote Navygirl2008
I am consistently getting a 10054 error. I have been trying for months to transfer all my books to my samsung tab a. Transferring to my Kindle fire hdx works like a dream. Transfers very quickly. Here is the file:

calibre, version 3.46.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1479, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 718, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 604, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

If i transfer via usb will the books show up in my calibre companion?
To answer your second Q: No. CC must process books as they are incoming.

This is a Wireless device connection (pushing from Calibre).

Have you tried using the Content server Connection? (the device Pulls selected books from Calibre's Content server)

#3  chaley 08-20-2019, 08:30 AM
I suspect that the Samsung is going to sleep, or at least putting CC to sleep, which will break the connection.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register