Mobileread
ADE Error: e_adept_document_type_unknown
#1  roguexuk 08-14-2019, 05:49 PM
Hello all,

I wonder if any one has had this error?

It just happened with me - I was halfway through downloading my books from Kobo, and opening them in Digital Editions, and then this error popped up. Rats... I did have a screen shot of it & lost it.

I've uninstalled ADE & re-installed it, I've tried it in edition 2.0, 3.0, and 4.5 - still the same error. I've even deleted the Adept file from the registry and re-registered it - but still the error pops up :-(
I even tried it on different computers, but I guess because it's all linked to the same account, I still get the error.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks

#2  DaleDe 08-14-2019, 05:55 PM
It says clearly that the document type is unknown. It probably encountered a non-epub or non-PDF in your list of downloads. The extension being different may be enough.

#3  davidfor 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
There is some discussion in the Kobo forum of issues with downloading some books via ADE. It is a problem Kobo is looking at. If your report the problem to Kobo, they can fix the books.

#4  roguexuk 08-16-2019, 06:40 AM
Quote DaleDe
It says clearly that the document type is unknown. It probably encountered a non-epub or non-PDF in your list of downloads. The extension being different may be enough.
Hmm, thanks DeleDe, I did think that at first, or that maybe they'd started using a newer epub format that ADE 2 could read.

So, I temporarily installed the latest version of ADE, but it still came up with the same error.

#5  roguexuk 08-16-2019, 06:42 AM
Quote davidfor
There is some discussion in the Kobo forum of issues with downloading some books via ADE. It is a problem Kobo is looking at. If your report the problem to Kobo, they can fix the books.
Ooh, thanks. To be honest, I hadn't asked Kobo about it, figuring they'd say that it was Adobe's problem

I'll look into it, thanks.
If they give me a solution, I'll stick it on here

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register