Mobileread
Can you dictate on a Likebook Mars?
#1  Talayero 08-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Hi

Sorry if it's a silly question, but the only e-ink device I have is a Energy Pro with Android 4.0 or so, and when I take notes the keyboard doesn't have the microphone icon you can use on evry tablet or smartphone to dictate and write quickly.

I suppose the Likebook Mars will have the possibility to dictate the words, but I'm asking just in case...

Thank you in advance

#2  joandr 08-12-2019, 02:30 AM
There is no microphone on Energy Reader HD Pro and there is no microphone on Likebook Mars , the little hole next to the usb port is I think a reset hole (I have not tried it). Boyue does not provide a detailed and accurate manual on what he sells us ...

#3  Talayero 08-12-2019, 04:12 AM
Thank you.

And do you happen to know if there is a microphone on the Onyx Boox Nova?

I'd like to buy a new E-ink reader that I could use to dictate notes, just as I do when I read ebooks on a tablet.

#4  joandr 08-12-2019, 07:17 AM
you are not lucky ... no microphone on the Onyx Boox Nova (i dont know for other e-reader).

#5  franzli 08-15-2019, 08:27 AM
Apparently, at least some onyx devices can use dictation input:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2019/06/11/onyx-boox-ereaders-can-use-speech-recognition-to-input-text/

#6  DaleDe 08-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Quote franzli
Apparently, at least some onyx devices can use dictation input:
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2019/06/11/onyx-boox-ereaders-can-use-speech-recognition-to-input-text/
The Onyx Boox NoteS@Wiki » has a mic as does the Onyx Boox Note@Wiki » and BOOX MAX2 Pro@Wiki ». Perhaps others. See Dictation@Wiki »

#7  gunnm 08-15-2019, 01:17 PM
But you can conect a bluetooth microphone. At least It works with Google voice, but i dont know about a good dictate app and the one I tryed has a annoying sound like a ring all the time.

#8  DaleDe 08-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Quote joandr
There is no microphone on Energy Reader HD Pro and there is no microphone on Likebook Mars , the little hole next to the usb port is I think a reset hole (I have not tried it). Boyue does not provide a detailed and accurate manual on what he sells us ...
I believe there is a mic on current Boyue devices like the Mars, I do not know if it supports dictation.

Dale

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register