Mobileread
mobipocket table of contents wizard
#1  chingu07 08-03-2019, 11:38 PM
please help me this part, thank you very much

image »

#2  chingu07 08-03-2019, 11:50 PM
image »

#3  Hitch 08-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Not to put too find a point on it, but you know that tool's been deprecated for what...nearly 8 years now?

Just use Word heading classes for your headings and then put the heading class level or name in there and if memory serves (seriously, I think the last time I used this was 2011), it should work.

Hitch

#4  lumpynose 08-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Quote Hitch
Not to put too find a point on it, but you know that tool's been deprecated for what...nearly 8 years now?
Hitch
And yet he's running it on Windows 10! As a former Mac user I'm always impressed with how well Windows supports "legacy" apps.

#5  Hitch 08-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Quote lumpynose
And yet he's running it on Windows 10! As a former Mac user I'm always impressed with how well Windows supports "legacy" apps.
As a former Mac user, ANY kind of support duration should astound you. I'm constantly shocked--unpleasantly--at how Apple abandons you guys, willfully and with malice aforethought, to force the sales of new hardware. Shame on them, really. I mean it. They lost me as a prospective customer forever, when they abandoned me and my brand-new, $1600 iPad (first-gen) a mere few months after I'd bought it, asserting that they'd no longer support the iOS, etc. And no, I wasn't someone who'd bought it at the long-past-expiration date, either. I was LIVID.

My husband is just NOW, literally, this week, finally retiring the XP laptop that we bought in 1999, (A Lenovo Thinkpad) that has worked and continues to work, to this day. But XP, etc., just can't handle modern websites and all that jazz, so I just replaced it with a new TP Yoga. I mean..20 years. I can hardly complain.

Hitch

#6  lumpynose 08-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Quote Hitch
My husband is just NOW, literally, this week, finally retiring the XP laptop that we bought in 1999, (A Lenovo Thinkpad) that has worked and continues to work, to this day.

Hitch
Yeah, I have one of those. When IBM made them they were well known for being durable, reliable, and top quality. I haven't used mine in years but I did install Linux on it to dink around with it. Runs Linux just fine. The battery doesn't hold a charge but I only used it while plugged in to the wall, and plugged into my router.

#7  Hitch 08-06-2019, 11:36 PM
Quote lumpynose
Yeah, I have one of those. When IBM made them they were well known for being durable, reliable, and top quality. I haven't used mine in years but I did install Linux on it to dink around with it. Runs Linux just fine. The battery doesn't hold a charge but I only used it while plugged in to the wall, and plugged into my router.
Yup, we're installing Linux on it ourselves, same reason. I must have 6 or 7 older PCs around here, all Linux boxes now and one that's been my private server for ages. :-)

Hitch

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register