Mobileread
Any rumors on a new Kobo???
#1  Tony1988 08-01-2019, 11:54 AM
.........it's been what now...a year since the Clara???

#2  jackie_w 08-01-2019, 12:33 PM
The Forma (Oct 2018) was later than the ClaraHD, so not quite a year.

#3  Nate the great 08-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Quote Tony1988
.........it's been what now...a year since the Clara???
Nothing at the FCC.

#4  rashkae 08-01-2019, 05:46 PM
I would't mind seing a a higher resolution H2O. (I can see a difference, although it's pretty minor).. but I think Kobo is safe to rest on their laurels a bit.. the competition has a way to go to catch up (on the hardware, at least.)

#5  tschucha 08-02-2019, 12:10 AM
I'd love to see a new Kobo One with a 9" or 10" screen, no physical buttons with a flat back like the Aura One.

I've got the Forma and I love the slightly bigger screen. I don't like the buttons and would like a smaller form factor. I had an Aura One with the 7.8" screen. From an ease of use point of view it was superior to the Forma. Unfortunately for me I dropped the Aura One with the charger plugged in and the connector went wonky. On the bright side this occurred a week or so before the Forma was released so it gave me an excuse to upgrade.

#6  FrustratedReader 08-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Buttons are good. You don't have to use them. The reason that most things don't have them is to look sleek in publicity photos and save a few cents.

I'd like to see a small screen for a pocket eReader and also an affordable A4 screen.
Better software for library management. Better filters/search. Ability to do notes outside of a book (Like PRS350). Ability to add USB and BT keyboards. Paged web browser like original DXG had, scrolling is terrible on eInk.
I'd like a replacement eventually for my H2O original, (i.e. SD Card slot), but with sound & 3.5mm jack and buttons, maybe in 5", 7", 12" and an integral lid with solar panel option. Having to add folio covers to phones, tablets & eink readers suggests original design is too much for appearance and not enough for function.

#7  Lusephur 08-02-2019, 08:58 AM
Quote FrustratedReader
Buttons are good. You don't have to use them. The reason that most things don't have them is to look sleek in publicity photos and save a few cents.

I'd like to see a small screen for a pocket eReader and also an affordable A4 screen.
Better software for library management. Better filters/search. Ability to do notes outside of a book (Like PRS350). Ability to add USB and BT keyboards. Paged web browser like original DXG had, scrolling is terrible on eInk.
I'd like a replacement eventually for my H2O original, (i.e. SD Card slot), but with sound & 3.5mm jack and buttons, maybe in 5", 7", 12" and an integral lid with solar panel option. Having to add folio covers to phones, tablets & eink readers suggests original design is too much for appearance and not enough for function.
You don't want much, do ya?

#8  petercreasey 08-02-2019, 09:58 AM
I used to use the buttons on my old Sony ereaders and I don't miss them. I just don't understand all the comments about wanting buttons. My KA1 (obviously, without buttons) works very well, as have other ereaders without buttons. To each his own, I guess.

#9  Calenorn 08-02-2019, 11:19 AM
A Mini with Clara screen and software? Take my money NOW!!!!

#10  4691mls 08-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Quote petercreasey
I used to use the buttons on my old Sony ereaders and I don't miss them. I just don't understand all the comments about wanting buttons. My KA1 (obviously, without buttons) works very well, as have other ereaders without buttons. To each his own, I guess.
I do miss the Sony buttons. On my Kobo I have a hard time tapping or swiping in the correct part of the screen for the various functions - page turn, settings, light adjustment. I finally turned off tap-to-turn to remove one possible variant.

On the Sony I did use swipe-to-turn but because most of the other features were accessed via buttons there was less chance of accidentally doing the wrong thing. If the Sony hadn't lost its ability to get library books directly I'd still be using it.

Next »  Last »  (1/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register