Mobileread
Ended Kindle Paperwhite 2 (2013)
#1  teija 07-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Hubby has now claimed this eReader as his own...

#2  ilovejedd 07-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Note, it's the Paperwhite 2 (212 ppi) that was released in 2013. The Paperwhite 3 (300 ppi) was released in 2015.

Going by serial number (90D4), this is a PW2.

#3  teija 07-23-2019, 12:38 AM
Yep, see? I am STILL getting confused. It doesn't help that Amazon doesn't really specify generation when you see it in "My Devices". Thanks for clarifying! I will update the original post.

#4  OtinG 07-24-2019, 01:35 PM
And your title block is confusing what you have too as it still states "Paperwhite 3" even though you are calling it a "Paperwhite 2" in the post. You might want to edit that using the Advanced editing window. After you click Edit, click the Go Advanced button at the bottom-right of the editing window.

#5  teija 07-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Argh!! Forgot about that part too.

Does anyone actually want to buy this one though?? LOL

I see there is still no "delete thread" function, since I have made such a mess of this one.

#6  Dr. Drib 07-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Mobileread does not allow members to delete threads. Only Moderators can delete threads. You might PM Harry - or any active Moderator should be happy to help you resolve your issue - and see what happens.

#7  OtinG 07-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Quote teija
Argh!! Forgot about that part too.

Does anyone actually want to buy this one though?? LOL

I see there is still no "delete thread" function, since I have made such a mess of this one.
Your thread looks okay now. You and I both chose lousy times to list our Kindles because of the big Prime Day(s) sale last week where they had some great deals. I'm just going to leave my listing here for a while since I'm in no hurry to sell it. If you want to remove your listing for consideration for any reason, you can change the status from "Sell" to "Ended". If you want to change the status of the thread, bring up the Advanced Editing window, click the list box at the top-left next to the Title box, and select "Ended" from the list.

#8  teija 07-27-2019, 01:16 AM
Quote OtinG
Your thread looks okay now. You and I both chose lousy times to list our Kindles because of the big Prime Day(s) sale last week where they had some great deals. I'm just going to leave my listing here for a while since I'm in no hurry to sell it.
Thanks! Yes, not the ideal time to sell it and I'm not particularly in a hurry, but it is of no use to me being an exact duplicate of my existing one. I am annoyed because I picked it up and probably paid more than what I should have for a Paperwhite 2 based on the fact I thought it was the 3.. Ugh! Amateur mistake I should not have made. I blame the sun/heat

Price reduced... I will be updating the firmware and listing it locally after the weekend.

#9  rcentros 08-04-2019, 01:22 AM
Quote teija
Thanks! Yes, not the ideal time to sell it and I'm not particularly in a hurry, but it is of no use to me being an exact duplicate of my existing one. ...
I bought one of these not too long ago so I'm not in the market (sorry). One thing you might want to check, however, is whether this was a 2 GB or 4 GB model. I'm pretty sure later Paperwhite 2 models had 4 GBs.

#10  teija 08-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Quote rcentros
I bought one of these not too long ago so I'm not in the market (sorry). One thing you might want to check, however, is whether this was a 2 GB or 4 GB model. I'm pretty sure later Paperwhite 2 models had 4 GBs.
I was hopeful but sadly it is only the 2GB model.

Firmware has now been brought up to date and I will be listing it locally.

However it may be a moot point as my husband tried it over the weekend and is considering keeping it for himself. He's enjoying how "fast" it is compared to his old Sony PRS-350 (of course)!

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register