Mobileread
No Library Option
#1  BetterRed 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Would it be possible to have an option that turns off the the library feature - so that the extension operates similar to Firefox's built in PDF reader.

Thanks BR

Errata - I misnamed this thread - should be No Catalog Option

#2  theducks 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote BetterRed
Would it be possible to have an option that turns off the the library feature - so that the extension operates similar to Firefox's built in PDF reader.

Thanks BR
seconded. I use Calibre to manage my Library and use 'Open With' for alternate viewers.

I would like an option that will ask when downloading Externally (Not file:\\) : 'Save as Standard Download' or 'View') The logic is if it is a Local file, I most assuredly want the view. With an external file, it is probably destined for Calibre.
The present method requires a number of steps to get the file to Calibre, then clean out the remains. I ended up disabling the PI until I need it as a test viewer.

#3  BetterRed 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote theducks
seconded. I use Calibre to manage my Library and use 'Open With' for alternate viewers.

I would like an option that will ask when downloading Externally (Not file:\\) : 'Save as Standard Download' or 'View') The logic is if it is a Local file, I most assuredly want the view. With an external file, it is probably destined for Calibre.
The present method requires a number of steps to get the file to Calibre, then clean out the remains. I ended up disabling the PI until I need it as a test viewer.
The only time I want the extension to save anything is when I hit the save button, irrespective of where the file came from.

As I said, something similar to the PDF reader that comes with Firefox - with a similar sidebar would be nice.

I use the extension on my notebook, I do not run calibre on my notebook. I keep the software on it to a bare bones minimum.

Thanks

#4  mikelv 05-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote BetterRed
The only time I want the extension to save anything is when I hit the save button, irrespective of where the file came from.

As I said, something similar to the PDF reader that comes with Firefox - with a similar sidebar would be nice.

I use the extension on my notebook, I do not run calibre on my notebook. I keep the software on it to a bare bones minimum.

Thanks
Thanks, this is a good idea, I put this on the change list.

#5  BetterRed 05-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks Mikelv - let me know if you want it roadtested

BR

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register