Mobileread
Cataloging Audio Books And Video Books
#1  mhv260 08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I thinks it would be great if CALIBRE could catalog audio and video books, besides all of the other features.

#2  ThePage 02-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Am using it for all books, Electronic, Paper and Audio, although my Audios are stored in/with my Musicmatch Jukebox 9.0 (the later versions didn't allow of multiple music libraries, making things) cumbersome - I do only have 3 Audiobooks at this time, however.

#3  Catlady 08-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Anyone have recommendations for apps to catalog audiobooks?

#4  silverraven 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM
http://www.collectorz.com/book/
Not free, but I played around with the free trial version a few years ago. It was pretty cool.
And, I think there is a plug in for Calibre to handle audio books. I've never used it though.
S

#5  koland 08-31-2014, 12:23 AM
Just use the Add Blank Book feature in calibre and enter your info ...

#6  odiakkoh 08-31-2014, 04:50 AM
I just have an excel sheet. I don't bother inputting them in until they're listened to though. Cataloging freebies that I may never listen to doesn't appeal to me.

#7  Catlady 08-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Silverraven, I took a look at the link and may try the trial, but it looks a little overwhelming.

Koland, I've only ever used Calibre to convert to epub--never tried any of the management features.

Odiakkoh, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet now. I was thinking of an app to save time--so I could just type in the ASIN to get the information (or scan a barcode for an audiobook CD). It would also give me a book summary, which would be useful.

I had started to use Book Catalogue for my paper books, and while it would work for audiobooks, the drawback is that it doesn't allow for a "Narrator" field. So I was hoping there might be something out there that's more customizable for audiobooks.

#8  silverraven 08-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Quote Catlady
Thanks for the suggestions.

Silverraven, I took a look at the link and may try the trial, but it looks a little overwhelming.

Koland, I've only ever used Calibre to convert to epub--never tried any of the management features.

Odiakkoh, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet now. I was thinking of an app to save time--so I could just type in the ASIN to get the information (or scan a barcode for an audiobook CD). It would also give me a book summary, which would be useful.

I had started to use Book Catalogue for my paper books, and while it would work for audiobooks, the drawback is that it doesn't allow for a "Narrator" field. So I was hoping there might be something out there that's more customizable for audiobooks.
I thought the one I suggested had it to where you could just scan the bar code? Or it used to? Honestly, been years since I messed with. And I don't have a bar code scanner anyway. I just keep my books in folders according to author. If I need to print off a list I use
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp I know there is a way to print directory info from the command line but I don't know how, sorry. Maybe someone with more computer skills than I can tell us how. One thing I do like about the karenware is that you can choose how much info to print, a lot or a little. I don't know if that is possible through the command line??
S

#9  Catlady 08-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Quote silverraven
I thought the one I suggested had it to where you could just scan the bar code? Or it used to? Honestly, been years since I messed with. And I don't have a bar code scanner anyway.
Well, I wouldn't be using that feature with the overwhelming majority of my audiobooks anyway, since they're downloads, not CDs. But I would like it to read ASINs, and it only mentioned ISBNs. I'll try it out next week when I have more time.

I just keep my books in folders according to author. If I need to print off a list I use
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp I know there is a way to print directory info from the command line but I don't know how, sorry. Maybe someone with more computer skills than I can tell us how. One thing I do like about the karenware is that you can choose how much info to print, a lot or a little. I don't know if that is possible through the command line??
S
I had asked several years back how to create a spreadsheet from a file list in this thread. Seems like the Karenware is pretty much the same thing?

#10  silverraven 08-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Quote Catlady
Seems like the Karenware is pretty much the same thing?
I don't know?? I haven't messed with it in a long time. When I was messing with it I needed a printed out list of all my music that was on my computer. For my mom, to actually put in a notebook. She is old school.
Sorry!!
S

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register