Mobileread
Audible on 2018 Porsche
#11  pwalker8 11-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Quote CRussel
I don't, with just the Bluetooth connection. All I really need from the phone is be able to answer it (from the steering wheel), make a call (with Siri from the steering wheel), and play Audible books or other audio content. All on the console screen.
Audible books with the Audible app on the console? If so, you are using something like CarPlay. I could connect my iPhone to the Honda Pilot console via bluetooth or USB, but it only supported music from the console, not audible books. I had to convert my audible books to MP3, and it regularly lost track of where it was. Very frustrating.

#12  CRussel 11-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Nope. It will play my current audio content, from the console. That could be my Audible book, or the book I'm reading in Bound, which is an m4b player app I use. The Audible, or other, app is on the phone, and the car behaves like any other Bluetooth connected device/speaker with A2DP.

What it won't do is let me browse books for what I want to read next.

Charlie.

#13  pwalker8 11-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Quote CRussel
Nope. It will play my current audio content, from the console. That could be my Audible book, or the book I'm reading in Bound, which is an m4b player app I use. The Audible, or other, app is on the phone, and the car behaves like any other Bluetooth connected device/speaker with A2DP.

What it won't do is let me browse books for what I want to read next.

Charlie.
Ah, now I understand. Yes, the Honda pilot would do the same thing. I could even listen to a ball game on one of the sports apps. Not being able to pull up the next book when one book finished without going to the phone was one of my big issues and the reason I paid a lot of money to replace the head unit in my car with a head unit that supports CarPlay. I'm just not going to fiddle with my phone while driving and got tired of having to pull over to pull up the next book to listen to.

Like I said, I suspect that your issue with CarPlay isn't actually CarPlay. Each manufacturer implements support for CarPlay themselves. I've had zero issues with mine.

#14  CRussel 11-22-2019, 08:44 PM
And it could be that yours is more of a fruit-friendly infrastructure. As for having to pull over to change books? Might happen once a year. Rest of the time, my book is longer than my drive. (I do admit, I cue up a longish book when I know I've got an all day drive. )

Charlie.

#15  pwalker8 11-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Quote CRussel
And it could be that yours is more of a fruit-friendly infrastructure. As for having to pull over to change books? Might happen once a year. Rest of the time, my book is longer than my drive. (I do admit, I cue up a longish book when I know I've got an all day drive. )

Charlie.
Obviously we do things very differently. I rarely listen outside the car, so everything happens in the car. In general, I go through 1 book every week or two. For example, I finished a book this morning about 10 minutes before the end of the trip. Without carplay, I would have had a choice between 10 minutes of listening to nothing, pulling over (and there weren't really any places to pull over where I was) or looking down at the iPhone. As it was, I just pulled up the next book on the console.

#16  Sydney's Mom 11-25-2019, 11:58 AM
I keep getting emails from Audible that they want to help me get my books onto and sd card and into Jukebox. But every time I call, they say it can't be done.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register