Mobileread
Spiritual Various: Bible: World English Version
#1  elf 11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Have completed a BBeB version of the World English Bible.

The bookname -> chapter number menu works ok, but I am not totally happy with it - navigating to Deut book 20 for example takes 5 million clicks. I have an idea on how to improve it, and will hopefully have a version 2 up soon. Try it out, and let me know if there are any broken chapters/links!

Any comments on how to improve the navigation system might help my fine tune V2.

Enjoy!
Elf
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
[zip] bible.zip (2.18 MB, 2184 views)

#2  NatCh 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM
This was posted back in November, when the uploads sections weren't yet even a twinkle in HarryT's eye. The KJV version that heathriel just posted reminded me of it, so I'm, belatedly, adding it to the uploads section.

Enjoy.

#3  HarryT 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks Nat! I've made a minor mod to the thread name for consistency with the naming of the KJV thread.

#4  NatCh 07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Excellent, I was hoping to get them similar enough that folks could find both of them easily.

#5  gingercat 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Quote elf
Hi Guys,

Have completed a BBeB version of the World English Bible.

The bookname -> chapter number menu works ok, but I am not totally happy with it - navigating to Deut book 20 for example takes 5 million clicks. I have an idea on how to improve it, and will hopefully have a version 2 up soon. Try it out, and let me know if there are any broken chapters/links!

Any comments on how to improve the navigation system might help my fine tune V2.

Enjoy!
Elf
I think it might work better to have the books in the BBeB contents and the chapters as links at the beginning of each book. Do you have a working HTML for what you have already done? I could re-format from where you have finished rather than starting all over again from the original txt files.

For some strange reason it crashes my reader when I try to change the font size - I'd like to look into that to find out why as well.

I have also begun to format the Messianic version of the WEB for the Sony Reader

#6  KDawg 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Quote gingercat
I think it might work better to have the books in the BBeB contents and the chapters as links at the beginning of each book. Do you have a working HTML for what you have already done? I could re-format from where you have finished rather than starting all over again from the original txt files.

For some strange reason it crashes my reader when I try to change the font size - I'd like to look into that to find out why as well.

I have also begun to format the Messianic version of the WEB for the Sony Reader

It crashes my reader when I hit the size button as well. Which is too bad, I was really beginning to like this version. I wonder if it's a function of book length and font size - 6000+ pages for this version at the small font size.

It would be nice to have a non-crashing version with the current book (of the Bible) displayed in the footer.

#7  Bob Russell 07-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Isn't there a font selection on the Connect software? You might be able to connect your Reader, change the font on the desktop software, and then use that font on the Reader. You probably have to have the book on the Reader library when you do that. Don't have it in front of me, so can't tell if this is feasible or not, and it still might crash the Reader if you want to change the font size back again while undocked.

#8  KDawg 07-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Quote Bob Russell
Isn't there a font selection on the Connect software? You might be able to connect your Reader, change the font on the desktop software, and then use that font on the Reader. You probably have to have the book on the Reader library when you do that. Don't have it in front of me, so can't tell if this is feasible or not, and it still might crash the Reader if you want to change the font size back again while undocked.
For me the problem is not so much getting to the font I want as having a crash-invoking file on a gadget.

I sure would like to know why that file crashes the Reader. Anybody got a book on their Reader longer than 6,000 pages?

#9  beartard 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
I made a version of the New American Bible (Catholic) for my reader using the webpages from the US Bishops' site. It was a huge file, probably because of the way I converted it. I use Linux, so there's no "connect" software to format it for me. It took the reader almost 8 hours to format, but it didn't crash. Still, it was such a big file, navigation was too slow to be useful. I think I'm going to have to find a way to re-work it.

#10  gingercat 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Quick Update - I have begun to create the WEB for the reader and started with an 11 point font. This gives me no problems selecting any of the 3 font sizes so I am picking the crashes might have something to do with the particular font chosen in the crashing version

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register