Mobileread
Seriously thoughtful Light a Virtual Candle
#11  pshrynk 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Ricky, My dad is dying. I've spent the week at the hospital, working with the doctors to get them to remove the ET that they put in when he crashed during his endoscopy. He has been hell on wheels against "pipes and tubes" since he first learned about them when I was in Jr Hi. They took him off the respirator this afternoon and he's breathing on his own now, but slipping away. I tend not to talk to people about this, and have posted mere hints at it in other threads. I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...

#12  lilac_jive 07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote pshrynk
Ricky, My dad is dying. I've spent the week at the hospital, working with the doctors to get them to remove the ET that they put in when he crashed during his endoscopy. He has been hell on wheels against "pipes and tubes" since he first learned about them when I was in Jr Hi. They took him off the respirator this afternoon and he's breathing on his own now, but slipping away. I tend not to talk to people about this, and have posted mere hints at it in other threads. I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
I'm really sad to hear this, but I'm glad that you are fighting for his wishes, as tough as that may be. Hang in there, OK? You and your father are in my thoughts.

#13  carlobee 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
let us pray for everyone in the world. let us all give peace a chance.

#14  montsnmags 07-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote pshrynk
...I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...
We're all just standing real close next to you...not saying anything, you know, just hanging 'round, shooting the breeze, but if you happen to need to lean a bit, take the weight off, well, that's no biggie, we'll just stand firm and keep up the idle chatter...

#15  rebarnmom 07-31-2009, 01:26 AM
I lit some candles, sharing your sorrow.
candles burning.jpg 

#16  dreams 07-31-2009, 04:06 AM
Candles lit in memory for Anthony's brothershow attachment »

and carld's mother.show attachment »

A candle lit in hope for pshrynk's dad.show attachment »

#17  Lady Blue 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Quote pshrynk
. . . I really try not to seek out sympathy, as I am quite uncomfortable in being on the receiving end of it...

I totally understand (I've always felt the same way), so yes, what Marc said are my sentiments also.

So, no more words, just show attachment » for your dad.

#18  zelda_pinwheel 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
pshrynk, i think marc said it best. like ladyblue, just know that we're all standing here very close to you and we'll keep up the idle chatter or whatever else you need. one of my candles is for you.

#19  kazbates 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM
I am so glad that I can acknowledge that my third candle was for pshrynk and so sorry at the same time. Along with the candle, I'm sending a virtual hug. God Bless.

#20  vivaldirules 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Some candles for friends and their families.

image »

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/204)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register